Files or folders that have special characters like "ç, à, ó, ê" for example, are lost in Lexicon

Try this version and let me know if it solves the problem in Traktor and Rekordbox please: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18q7oxWhQxNeDjU0kBR1Hqshh_CF7b12_/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

OK.
As soon as I get home, I’ll take the test and let you know.

1 Like

I did the tests with the version of Lexicon that you sent me. It seemed to me that everything went well. Traktor and RB recognized the songs perfectly, no errors!

I imported the entire Serato collection into Lexicon, as new. I’ve tested with some songs and they are with expected behavior!

However, something I noticed is that it took more than 5 minutes to export my entire collection to RB. For Traktor it was very fast, less than 1 minute. The export mode I used for RB was BETA and not traditional XML. Perhaps that was it (RB 6.6.4).

I’ll do more tests on Monday and let you know.

Thanks!

@Christiaan
Did you see the tests I did? What do you think?
Would you have the Windows version of Lexicon BETA you could send me? I want to try to migrate from Lexicon Mac to Lexicon Windows to see if everything works fine.
Grateful.

You can switch to the latest stable version, it has the fix too

1 Like

I have this:

Is correct?

@Christiaan

I have stable version 1.1.25 running on my Mac and it’s not working with Unicode. It only works with the corrected version that you sent me through Google Drive, here in the thread.

Do you have any predictions on when the corrected stable version will be available to the public? Windows and Mac?

Sorry, you’re right. The fix is not in stable yet, my mistake.
There will be a new beta version this week for Windows and Mac, that will have the fix. Keep an eye on the #beta channel on Discord and you’ll see it. Or switch Lexicon to the beta channel in the settings and you should get a notification.

1 Like

Thanks.
I will try.

@Christiaan

From the tests I did, everything worked fine. This within the Mac environment. I haven’t tested exporting to Windows PC yet.

However, I noticed some unexpected problems when I imported from Serato to Lexicon and then from Lexicon to Serato:

1)- Lexicon doesn’t recognize colors of some songs that are in Serato. In Serato it is GREEN and in Lexicon no color appears. But that of some songs. Even updating in Serato and re-importing in Lexicon, nothing changes.

2)- When I export from Lexicon to Serato, the YEAR of the tracks is written “0000”, in case it doesn’t have any value previously noted and the songs that before in Serato had colors, end up having no color at all!

Can you send me one of these tracks with a green cue? I’ll test it here

Upload link

It’s not the Hotcue but the track color:

I sent the songs and the screenshot of Serato and Lexicon

1 Like

Looks like Serato is doing something weird to those files. It uses 2 different ways of storing the data (the old and new way). Normally all data should be in either but for some reason the color is in the old data. Lexicon only reads the new data.

So not something I can fix but you can fix the tracks by letting Lexicon write color to them once (Serato Sync will write to the files) and then those files will work normally

1 Like

Ah OK… if I rebuild the Serato database, will it solve it? I will try to do that. From what I’ve seen, Serato writes a color code to the files’ Tag that only it recognizes (other programs don’t read it). I noticed this in a program that I use Tag editing that recognizes all fields.

This is annoying. Serato is very “closed” in this regard. It uses its own exclusive resources, then it is difficult to work. Furthermore, it is extremely slow when it comes to relocating lost files (when changing drives or folders, for example) and often fails to relocate. It is unreliable, as it does everything in an “automated” way. In the past it wasn’t difficult (ITCH, Scratch Live), but nowadays it seems like it’s getting harder and harder to work with…

Other software works with playlists (M3U, PLS) so it’s easier for them to share resources.

Yep, Serato has its own way of doing things. Most DJ apps do really, which is where Lexicon comes in :slight_smile:

1 Like

But Engine DJ imports everything from Serato (at least what it can import, colors it doesn’t recognize as it doesn’t have this feature yet). Virtual DJ also reads Crates and all track data.
What do they use to extract this information?

They reverse engineer Serato data formats, same as I do

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.