Find Tags Information Is Usually Wrong

Is it possible to choose the source for Tag Information if possible, I have completely cleaned up my Artist and Title information but the Find Tag feature for the most part seems to be very far off the mark. I would like to use Discogs as the main source if possible please as when I search on there the correct one always comes up first.

The search works with multiple sources. It tries Beatport first because for electronic tracks it has the most information. Then it goes to Spotify if more information is needed or if a track was not found on Beatport. This usually catches most tracks already.
What information is wrong when you use this?

Discogs comes after Spotify and if Discogs finds nothing, then it checks MusicBrainz too.

Hi Christiaan,

I have noticed also that the track information returned does not actually match the track.

Eg I had a european track in my collection named Torna A Sorriento - Artist.
When I searched using the Find Tags Info tool, the search returned the same title, with a completely different artist.

When I played the track, I “shazamed” the track and the correct result was “Surrender” by Elvis Presley.

I’ve had a couple of other instances where the results have been incorrect.

Now I know this is pobably not a common track, however, isn’t Lexicon supposed to search for tracks using the “fingerprint audio technology” i.e. listen to the track - like Shazam - as opposed to relying on the pre-determined data that is already in existance in the tags ?

No, Lexicon searches by matching artist and title. It does not yet use audio fingerprinting to recognize music. Because that would take far longer to do

This is quite disappointing as this was one of the key features I relied upon for when I signed up, as this would help eradicate the duplicates in my library.

is this something you may be considering for a future release of lexicon?

For the duplicate scan, it does use audio fingerprinting so getting rid of duplicates is very well possible.

Just for finding tags, it does not use audio fingerprinting yet. It is planned for in the future.