Player/Track View

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
It would be great for the player itself to have the full album cover and track information in larger text. Most DJ apps have this on the playing deck. It would also be great to be able to potentially edit tags here, or maybe drag and drop album art.

How will this feature help you and others?

Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added. This will help readability for the metadata in the current track playing, to ensure you have all the information you need.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution. Most DJ software.

Does a workaround currently exist?

Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.
Looking at the current playlist, right clicking a track and “edit”. Gives you similar, but not great workflow. Too many clicks to see this information.

Album art while playing is something I do want but haven’t been able to find a good place in the design for. Hasn’t been top priority yet.

Album art editing is also I want to do at some point, most likely through the Edit popup to support multiple tracks.

I don’t think there is a good place in the design to show all info for the currently playing track. The playing track is highlight in the browser though so showing the columns you are interested in is the next best thing.

I was thinking either in the player controls area, or the opposite side, with a toggle for viewable and hidden.

I think part of the issue today is that the row height is fixed, so it doesn’t scale to the square image if you have album art selected.

The right side is already taken by the track queue and I don’t want to make it too busy