99% of Cue Points Are Very Bad

Please fill in this bug report template:

Lexicon version: 1.5.4
Operating system (remove one): Windows

Bug description:
99% just seem randomly placed. Many of them are placed far after a track ends.

Step by step to reproduce:
Generate cue points

Screenshot:

They do look weird… They are sometimes inaccurate but this looks super wrong.

What kind of genre is this?
And this happens to all tracks?

They are all sorts of electronic music genres. Some of these aren’t very standard structured tracks, but even very basic intro-chorus-break-chorus-outro type of tracks are all bad. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Doesn’t seem related to the tracks. Maybe a bug messed up the cue generation. But, occasionally it works or the cues are off by a few beats only.

Here are bunch of basshunter tracks. Pretty typical common electronic music. Some are good. But, most are bad.
This one is good.

These are bad:

A little off:

Can you upload those tracks? I’ll test them here

You can upload with this link: http://upload.lexicondj.com

Uploaded now. I tried reloading tags and generating cue points again, but now it just keeps saying these tracks are below 10s and wont generate cue points.

Problem is that you are using OGG OPUS tracks, these are not supported in Lexicon. I would recommend converting them to MP3 320kbps or if you want lossless; AIFF files.

Seems pretty inconvenient. I think AIFF will cause the filesize to increase and I think it would be less supported than OGG. Seems like Lexicon could just convert the files temporarily then work with those and apply changes to the original file. Seems like a pretty easy problem to solve as well. I don’t think I will be using Lexicon anymore for now, maybe if I need to convert library to another dj software. VDJ generated cue points seem to suffice for me.

OGG is not very well supported, trust me. Best compatibility is always MP3. WAV too but poor tag support and no official album art support.

No worries, see you in the future :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.