After event with changes made in Serato

So once you have worked out warp markers, restore an old backup from documents LXN and sync that to Serato? I have lots so that’s good. Then restore a recent backup with new playlists I’ve added since the old backup used but obviously don’t sync. Create one playlist inside Serato and drop every track in there and import that back into LXN with merge enabled? Got it, that will give me back my playlists and all tracks will have the old backup grids. If I’m following correctly.

If you think of it, please let me know if you get warp markers figured out.

At the moment, if I Import anything… even a constant BPM track…everything is shifted forward inside LXN. So of course everything is thrown off again in Serato once I sync back. This was not the case a week ago before the update.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing about the warp marker issue.

I’ll get back to you. Looking into it this week for sure

Before warp markers…Any idea how to fix my issue of every grid off inside LXN again?
This happens when ever I import from Serato. Beatshift correction worked for 22 tracks the last time I ran it half an hour ago.
I’m about the leave town till Sunday with my DJ laptop and will spend the drive manually shifting the grid in LXN so I can sync back to Serato in time for a school dance on Monday. Following that, it’s back to prep for the following weeks wedding.
My library is a mess when it comes to BPMs and grids.
The Grids are off in Lexicon so any sync, puts them off in Serato also.
Will resetting LXN fix this?

Currently trying to figure out warp markers, but they are weird in Serato. See the thread on Discord if you want to know the details.

Resetting won’t do anything here. If your grids are all off by the same amount, you can use the Shift cues/grid recipe to do that faster.

Yes, was messing with that this morning but they are not all off by the same amount.
Great feature though.

What you can also try is to shift the beatgrid with Quantize enabled. That will drag cues with them.

Yep, I’m good for moving cues with the grid but how has this all happened, why is everything out after the update? I was gridding in Serato and locking the grid. Importing back to LXn and syncing back for months and now it seems that Serato is only getting LXN info and that Lexicon grid is off as soon as I import a playlist from Serato. I thought Serato holds its grid information in the song file and Lexicon is in the app?
Anyway, any headway on Warp Markers this week?

Beatshift is a bit of an ongoing problem. It’s so complex with so many variables that it’s very hard to just fix. We did make some changes recently and maybe your tracks are affected in a different way than expected (or maybe there was a mistake).

Current beta has a few more improvements in the beatshifts so you can give that a try on your next import.

Haven’t figured out warp markers yet, Serato is acting weird there. Not sure what to do.

Hi Christiaan,
I am very happy to say that the latest update 1.5.5 fixed my issue of being able to send a playlist with tracks added to during a gig on my DJ laptop and getting that playlist back into my prep desktop including the tracks. Thank you so much! This means I can also prep now on either computer, and get everything back to the main prep desktop. Awesome!!!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile: