All red (again...)

This is the result. In this case the drive is mentioned in the directory and the number of tracks is right. So what could be the difference?

Some extra information: I recently switched from Mojave to Catalina. My Lexicon-collection used to be on the internal SSD-drive of my MacBook but now it’s on a external drive (EDFAT32). Could this cause the troubles?

I don’t think it has anything to do with that. Not sure where this is coming from though. What is the original location of those red tracks? Full location

Can you upload the m.db file from the drive with red tracks?

I’ve send the m.db file and these are the original locations:

Thanks, I will check it later today and get back to you

1 Like

I can’t reproduce it yet. Can you run a special release with a bit more logging?

Download link

Can you do these steps?

1. Delete all log files, see Lexicon database & log locations
  2. Sync your library to Engine on the problematic drive
  3. Upload Lexicon logs & database

Hopefully I get some answers there

I tried to follow your steps, but Lexicon doesn’t seem to be in application support. Could this be a clue?

I did find this:

What Mac version are you running?

Can you open Lexicon, then run the Activity Monitor. Check the Lexicon process details (the little i icon) and paste the Open Files and Ports text here?

cwd
/
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/MacOS/Lexicon
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Squirrel.framework/Versions/A/Squirrel
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/ReactiveObjC.framework/Versions/A/ReactiveObjC
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Mantle.framework/Versions/A/Mantle
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libffmpeg.dylib
txt
/Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.IxvSgoLZ
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/v8_context_snapshot.x86_64.bin
txt
/private/var/db/timezone/tz/2021a.3.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat
txt
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemAppearance.bundle/Contents/Resources/VibrantLightAppearance.car
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/chrome_100_percent.pak
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/chrome_200_percent.pak
txt
/usr/share/icu/icudt64l.dat
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/icudtl.dat
txt
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/0/com.apple.LaunchServices.dv/com.apple.LaunchServices-1082-v2.csstore
txt
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemAppearance.bundle/Contents/Resources/SystemAppearance.car
txt
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemAppearance.bundle/Contents/Resources/Assets.car
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/nl.lproj/locale.pak
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resources.pak
txt
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemAppearance.bundle/Contents/Resources/DarkAquaAppearance.car
txt
/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.kbdx
txt
/System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle/Contents/Resources/AppleKeyboardLayouts-L.dat
txt
/usr/lib/libobjc-trampolines.dylib
txt
/System/Library/Fonts/SFNS.ttf
txt
/private/var/db/analyticsd/events.whitelist
txt
/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/SubmitDiagInfo.domains
txt
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_0
txt
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_1
txt
/System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.ttc
txt
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreNLP.framework/Versions/A/Resources/tokruleLE.data
txt
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/com.apple.datadetectorscore.cache.urlifier.system
txt
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc
txt
/private/var/db/mds/messages/502/se_SecurityMessages
txt
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_2
txt
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_3
txt
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/3902/libraries.data
txt
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/Intel HD Graphics 4000/functions.data
txt
/usr/lib/dyld
txt
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Electron Framework
txt
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/index
txt
/usr/share/langid/langid.inv
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/icudtl.dat
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/v8_context_snapshot.x86_64.bin
count=0, state=0x12
count=0, state=0x12
/dev/urandom
count=0, state=0xb
->0x3068edb446ac5a9d
->0x77569a342a58f84b
->0x403761af4fe40f6d
->0xfe7f8c3c23d872ac
->0x65cdaae31fc6f3d4
->0x623eea0441d39b31
count=0, state=0
->0xf765e5a91c7e46ed
->0x855ec23b0a8db24d
->0xb3de0ff81605fb4e
->0x713a3c9aa95b4d95
count=0, state=0xa
->0x5b542cff00f46ec1
->0xf2eb1b39dcccfe0f
->0x91313abab71dfa34
->0x144d595e3a320692
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar
/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/T/.com.rekord.cloud.lexicon.r1XHV4/SS
->0xa2d46f85893bf22d
->0x54c53d32b031b641
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/chrome_100_percent.pak
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/chrome_200_percent.pak
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/nl.lproj/locale.pak
/Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resources.pak
->0x98987e470a0f9a85
->0x991f1cff472e002e
count=0, state=0x8
/
/private/etc
/private/etc/hosts
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/Local Storage/leveldb/MANIFEST-000001
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/Local Storage/leveldb/000013.log
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/Local Storage/leveldb/LOG
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/Local Storage/leveldb/LOCK
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/Local Storage/leveldb/000014.ldb
/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/SubmitDiagInfo.domains
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ci_stdlib.metallib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ci_filters.metallib
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/3902/libraries.maps
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/3902/libraries.data
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/Intel HD Graphics 4000/functions.maps
/private/var/folders/67/q9s8gbfs78lf7wgqn32y19dw0000gp/C/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon/com.apple.metal/Intel HD Graphics 4000/functions.data
count=0, state=0x12
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/index
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_0
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_1
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_2
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon/GPUCache/data_3
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Saved Application State/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon.savedState/data.data
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Saved Application State/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon.savedState/window_2.data
/Users/beuzelen/Library/Saved Application State/com.rekord.cloud.lexicon.savedState/windows.plist

It refers to this folder /Users/beuzelen/Library/Application Support/Lexicon so that should exist

Deleted the logs. Now running the special release. Will take a while.

The last % of syncing takes a lot of time since this problem started. I don’t know if that’s related?

Nah, the last % is playlists and their contents so that can be a lot

I understand, but earlier I tried to sync just one playlist. That took very much time also. So much time I aborted the process…

I don’t know. Might be related to the hardware. It’s not doing anything crazy there though. Unless you have crazy many playlists, I wouldn’t expect it to take extremely long

The last % is running for about two hours now. I think the hardware is old (2012) but it should be able to do the job.

And I don’t think I have crazy many playlists. My wild guess would be about 500 (?).