All red (again...)

Deleted the logs. Now running the special release. Will take a while.

The last % of syncing takes a lot of time since this problem started. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s related?

Nah, the last % is playlists and their contents so that can be a lot

I understand, but earlier I tried to sync just one playlist. That took very much time also. So much time I aborted the processā€¦

I donā€™t know. Might be related to the hardware. Itā€™s not doing anything crazy there though. Unless you have crazy many playlists, I wouldnā€™t expect it to take extremely long

The last % is running for about two hours now. I think the hardware is old (2012) but it should be able to do the job.

And I donā€™t think I have crazy many playlists. My wild guess would be about 500 (?).

That should be fine yeah. Iā€™ll run a Sync from your earlier library again to time it

Thanks! Itā€™s almost three hours now. And running.

Iā€™m running it now. First try it took only 30 seconds or so, the last step.
But I had to relocate all tracks to my internal drive so it didnā€™t do multi-drive exporting since I donā€™t have your drives.
But at least we know itā€™s not the code getting slower from more tracks/playlists. Normally Iā€™d think itā€™s a slow HDD but 3 hours is too much.

Letā€™s keep it running until it finished, the logs will be useful to read after that.

Edit: 2nd try took a minute or so, nothing crazy.

Okay, thanks, I will. Iā€™m going away now for a couple of hours, but let the computer running.

1 Like

Oh and it canā€™t be a slow HDD, because itā€™s an SSDā€¦

Just send the logfiles and database. And sadly no miracle did happen. All tracks where red again. The big question for me is why syncing one playlist to a usb-stick did work, but syncing the full collection to a ssd-drive doesnā€™t work. I really hope you can figure it out. Good night or good morning!

Strange: I downloaded your latest update. Not replaced the current extra log-update, but as a second version. Ran a sync to my SSD1TB-drive. It ran pretty fast, certainly did not take three hours, but more like three minutes. The sad news: still all tracks where red.

Can you upload it once more? I made a configuration change yesterday to the server and the zip didnā€™t come through properly

Just uploaded again.

offtopic:

Ohā€¦ You do know that Denon Engine Users are getting wet when you use those words right??
BIGGEST FEATURE REQUEST in their forumā€¦

@Hans_Beuzel Can you try this second logging version?

Link

Same steps as last time

Well, I didnā€™t expect this request, so in order to try some things, I formatted the SSD1TB-drive again. Is it alright if I just sync one playlist and send you the log and database from that sync?

Yep for sure, if the tracks are still red. Thatā€™s the important part