Allow for a setting to disable the Write Tags to File opertaion form writing a text status output

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Currently, the Write Tags to File feature writes the status of its operation, after completion, to a text file in the Lexicon folder. It would be nice to have the ability to switch that off, and instead display a status Window show the same information, giving the option to save it if necessary

How will this feature help you and others?
Writing the status to a text file is 1) not obvious, because the application doesn’t say its doing it 2) potentially using unnecessary hard drive space.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
No

Does a workaround currently exist?
The workaround is to delete the file after it is created.

Is it a problem that this text file is being created?

Most of the time LXC reports that this file is created and where. But for the tag writer, it does not because that may be a bit spammy, especially if you run the tag writer for only a few tracks often.
The tag writer report is useful if you want to check which files were written to afterwards.

The alternative would be reading the logs, but they are far too technical and really not intended for normal users to read.

The thing is, the text file is not required given the operation succeeded, but we currently have no way to turn that functionality off. I wasn’t even aware of the files being created until I decided to check the folder and saw hundreds of those files generated (I write tags back to the file itself as an extra backup to my files).

It should only create one text file per day. But maybe I can move them into a subfolder like Documents/Lexicon/Reports. It’s still useful info to look back into and check things, but maybe it doesn’t need to be in the Lexicon folder there.

Can we at least have a setting to prune the files based on creation date? I do believe that most of the time, we as users won’t have a need for those files, and you would only need the file(s) from the problematic execution of the operation. At the moment, the number of files are unbounded.

I think moving the reports to a dedicated Reports folder is enough, you can delete the entire folder whenever you want, there’s only reports in there.