Allow or create dropdown for filtering AND allow other logic

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Please explain your feature request. Add an image/screenshot if it makes sense to clarify things.

Allow for direct filtering within the music tracks view. Fast double click on the column header “square” could open the menu

How will this feature help you and others?

Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.

This will help when starting to tag an empty library or when searching within an empty library.
For example, I did a track title search for “Dirty” and for “Clean” and added new tags to each of those subset of tracks. I did not notice that there were some clean songs that used the word dirty in their title, so I had several tracks that were tagged with both. I did spot this, however, the search function inside the tag header uses “either or” logic and there was no way to isolate the tracks that were double tagged. Adding a filter/logic menu where you can select/deselect filter options and control display order all in one would be amazing.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution.

Example would be the from Microsft Excel’s “Table” insert. At the column header there is an arrow dropdown that brings up easy filtering and sort options to go through and isolate/parse data

Does a workaround currently exist?

Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.

You have to take the time to search through every track looking for the double tagged items.

You can achieve this same effect with the current Smartlist rules, I use it to create temp playlists using and/or rules for whatever I need. Ok it’s not as elegant as your suggestion but it is already there

1 Like

I feel that is a bit too much for Lexicon, but like Stu says, this is what smartlists are for.
I don’t want to turn Lexicon into Excel :wink: