Here’s my current library setup:
- Manage files and playlists from iTunes (w/ iTunes match so I can access my library on my phone)
- Sync to Rekordbox and only use that for grids & cues and syncing to USBs for DJing (spend as little time in Rekordbox as possible!)
What’s the best way to import my library while retaining the three most important things to me? Which are:
- Playlists: mostly in iTunes with a few history playlists from Rekordbox
- Beat grids & cues: Don’t want to have to rebuild these for obvious reasons!
- Date added from iTunes: This is hugely important to me as I often discover tracks in my library by seeing what else I imported around the same time (my import history goes abck to 2007!). It’d be a real bummer to lose this.
My thinking is that I need to import all of my iTunes playlists into Rekordbox and then import to Lexicon from there, but I think I’ll lose my iTunes Date Added by doing this… Is there I could import from both and then merge them somehow?
Super excited to have found this software and finally stop using iTunes as my main library management!