BPM and Grid Jumps to 120 After Syncing from Lexicon to Engine

The zip is too big to upload here, but here’s a link to DL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YF2xSgb_vgdSJDPYylQ4cV3FILiR2DUC/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and I hope I did this right for you.

Yes, perfect, that’s exactly what I meant :slight_smile: I’ll get on it this week

Thank you Christiaan

Any progress Christian??

Sorry not yet, it’s on my list

Thank you Christiann!

I went through all the tracks but only 2 of them had a BPM jump which was only +1 BPM. I think that might be a rounding difference. Nothing went to 120 BPM exactly.

What kind of BPM jumps are you seeing? And can you try this with a empty USB, put the Engine Library folder on it that you sent me and then try all tracks?

Yes, I am still having the exact 120 BPM problem as before. To recap, all my songs export perfectly from lexicon to Engine the first time. On the second sync, and thereafter, 90% of my older track’s BPM change to 120.

Did you analyze the tracks in Serato first? I wonder if it is because my database is old (from 2007 ish). I re-analyzed all my tracks in Serato, but haven’t had a chance to import into lexicon and then export to Denon. This takes quite a lot of work. :frowning:

Can you create another zip file of your USB? Like before except after the second sync. Maybe then I get the problem too.

Yes I can. Exactly like how I did before?

What are your thoughts about the Serato re-analysis? I guess I’ll find out when I try again.

I don’t think Serato has anything to do with it. All beatgrid data is translated to the Lexicon format, same as when you add it by hand.

Ahhhh. Ok thank you. I’ll get the Zip to you ASAP.

I know you said that reanalyzing my tracks wouldn’t matter but it seems to have fixed my issue. Also explains that it would only happen to my older tracks. Everything seems great now! Let me know if I sound crazy lol.

1 Like

Okay! Maybe it was fixed in an update. Let’s call it fixed but let’s also keep an eye on it!

I can confirm this error.

Using Music.app on MacOS. Files are saved on an external SSD. Music.app does not organise files or folders (both the “library settings” are off in Music.app preferences). I am using Engine DJ (version 2.2.0 of the Desktop version) and Serato DJ Pro (2.5.9). Synced some playlists back and forth in Lexicon (version 1.1.19) between these three programs (Music/Engine/Serato). Started up Serato. Loaded some tracks, all OK. Closed it. Then opened Engine DJ.

All tracks in Engine DJ now load in as 120 bpm and all beatgrids have been reset (and all wrong) as explained by the original poster (@djductape) here…

Engine DJ was working fine up until now, so something has been messed up, I have no idea what’s going on.

@Andy_L Did your tracks have beatgrids in Lexicon when you last synced to Engine?
I don’t know where the 120 BPM thing comes from, it’s quite odd. But Music doesn’t have any beatgrid so if you last imported that and synced that to Engine, maybe that has something to do with it.

I know its frustrating. How old is your Serato library? Re-analysing my entire library in Serato seemed to fix the issue.

I am not sure what has happened but I noticed that apart from all the tracks getting 120 bpm, all these tracks have also lost all their track numbers (and possibly other tags, it’s what I have noticed so far). I am going to recover to an old backup and then decide if I want to try again. I’m currently leaning towards just keeping all DJ softwares completely separated. But thanks for your help!

No worries :slight_smile: Still trying to fix this bug just a hard one to track down.