Cannot delete missing files

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Currently, the context menu for missing files doesn’t have an entry for deleting them, only to archive. The delete key also doesn’t work.

How will this feature help you and others?
Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
This is a minor thing, but archiving songs first can be really awkward, especially, if you have a set of files that need to go and you need to search for them in the archive tab again amongst otrher archived files to finally remove them from the library.

Does a workaround currently exist?
None that I am aware of.

Hold the CTRL key when pressing Delete, Lexicon will ask if you want to remove them from your library.

You can also delete missing files with the Find Broken Tracks utility

1 Like

Just checked. CTRL+DEL doesn’t work on missing files, actually.

Should work in the track browser.

On mac it’s CTRL + OPT + Backspace

I see - you are correct, it doesn’t work from smartlists but does from the track browser. Deleting tracks from library in smartlists would be nice though, I suppose a lot of us are using them for bookkeeping (i.e. finding tracks that are not in any lists anymore)

You can duplicate a smartlist as playlist and that will work.

Reason it doesn’t work in a smartlist is because you can’t delete tracks from a smartlist. Deleting from library/disk could work there but I never built it like that