Chance to save & name a recipe you just executed so you could easily re-use it later (placement on top when entering the recipe list/categories)

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
When you use a recipe… you get the chance to save this execution of the recipe and it’s configuration. (also give it a name)
By doing so, these “personal recipes” can be placed on top of the recipe-list/categories to be easily recalled later on.

How will this feature help you and others?
This way it’s just going to the recipe section, choose the one you previous used from the top, click & done.
F.E. if you want to do a “Replace Cue Text” recipe you do very often you don’t have to retype it each time but simply recall it & execute it.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Nope, so this means we are already spoiled with what lexicon is giving us with the recipe features!
I just try to think out of the box here, trying to improve these existing features with a simple extra detail… to boost ergonomics.
(Ok the user needs to prep & learn a bit… but after that prepping… it’s cruising & enjoying the features to the fullest!)
=> Big Ups already @Christiaan

Does a workaround currently exist?
Nope, just redo each time (which is ok off course but yeah … you catch my drift right?)

Love N.

1 Like

This will be part of the future macro system. The idea is let you create your own custom recipes (and other ways to edit your tracks) that you can automatically run on events or on hotkeys. You’ll be able to trigger multiple of those custom recipes at once too.

It will be big thing so a lot of work to rewrite features to work with that but it will be very powerful.

2 Likes

I love it when you talk dirty to me on a Sunday evening

(in other words: F*CK YEAH!!!)

1 Like

Not doing any promises on a timeline though! A lot of big things coming before that. So for now, it’s just an idea but it’s definitely on the list.

Any movement on Macros feature?

I have some workflow that I will like to be able to sequence automatically.

I would save them according to where I get music from as different DJ pools have different tagging formatting.

It’s gotten better with the short cuts.

No changes in the macro feature yet, just an idea for now