Changing all the memory cues to hot cues

Hi, Im trying to convert rekordbox 6’s library to Serato.
The thing is that I use both memory cues and hot cues in Rekordbox, but guess serato supports hot cues only.
So what I need is making all those memory cues and hot cues to be exported to Serato as hot cues.
Is there any function to make this happen?

Thanks in advance,
Charles.

When you import your Rekordbox library, you can choose Both as cue setting. That will import them both (without duplicates). Then just sync to Serato and you should get all your cues there.

okay so the memory cues are imported as white cues and the hot cues are imported as green.
But when i sync it to serato, only the hot cues are synced.
what am i missing?

It should sync whatever you see in Lexicon. Lexicon doesn’t know the difference between hot or memory cues, so if you see cues in there then they should all be synced.

Try again, maybe the files couldn’t be found or something, then it can’t set the cues inside the files

Problem solved!
just found out what I was missing.
They all synced well but i just didn’t notice them cause the memory cues with default color in RB(red) changed to transparent color in Serato.

Thanks Christiaan, Lexicon is truely a master key for DJs.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I’m here because I think this is the very important feature. I have the same request for its development. The way Lexicon converts memory cues now isn’t convenient for work with Serato. Yes, it converts them but without a color. And if the cue doesn’t have a color in Serato you can not see which pad you should tap to start playing. Pads in your physical controller are empty. As the result such cues are useless and you have to colour them all by clicking each manually. Please don’t offer me to create cues in Lexicon lib because we are talking about converting existing Rekordbox lib with all the done work with the cues. And I continue working in rekordbox as the primary library. So I don’t want to do all the work twice. That is why I chose Lexicon (for now).

For example RekordBuddy, which is free and more simple, CAN convert all types of rekordbox cues to Serato hot cues. The software has a checkbox activating/deactivating this feature and it works very well.
I saw messages from Lexicon’s creators about its benefits somewhere at reddit. That is why i ask dev team to investigate how it worked in RekordBuddy and to add this feature to Lexicon. Please.
Or just colour existing memory cues during export - with ANY different colours.

Thank you.

You can import memory cues from Rekordbox, there is an option on the import screen.

Then once imported, you can right click tracks → Edit → Recipes and use the Change Cue Colors recipe to change all your cue colors. There are several options there that will be helpful for you.

oh, thanx! I’ll investigate this way!