Drag and drop tracks

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
I want to drag and drop tracks directly from Lexicon to my favorite DJing app.

How will this feature help you and others?
Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.

I would like to use the search capabilities of the lexicon app and directly drag and drop track what I want to play next.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution.

Beatport macOS app (discontinued)

Does a workaround currently exist?
Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.

No

1 Like

It depends on the DJ app if this is possible at all, but it will only be very basic as they only information you can drop is the location of a track. So all your tags, cues, beatgrid will be lost when you do that. And for that reason, this is not something I want Lexicon to support.

I have wanted the ability to drag and drop, not bothered about the cue points etc. but it would be handy for using with DAW or similar when structuring mixes

I will also like to be able to drag and drop.

• Drag and drop to mac folder = Create copy of the track (especially for trouble shooting tracks)

• Drag and drop to another app = load the file in that app

This is technically possible but I chose not to allow this currently because new users would think they can drag their tracks into a DJ app. But then there wouldn’t be any cues on those tracks because that information is not there when dragging.

If this is ever supported then it will be a setting that is off by default.

That will be handy!

The one of the things about djing is that we tend to use things not exactly how they were designed.

Remember vinyl wasn’t meant to be touched or pushed back and forth, in comes turntablism and scratching. :grinning:

I would LOVE this. If there’s a song that isn’t imported for some reason it would be nice to be able to drag and drop. I’m already doing this the long way by finding the file in the windows explorer. It would be nice to save a few steps. I often edit tracks and being able to drop the file right into my editing software would be so much better than the long way around.