Duplicate Scan Failed ......HELP

I am unable to complete a duplicate scan. After thinking for a bit this pops up ?

Imported VDJ library which after many years of copying adding backing up etc. has become unruly(290K+ files) I was really hoping this would be the answer to tame it down. I don’t believe it is a lack of processing power ?
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.20 GHz 8 Core
16GB Ram
Windows 10
Windows / VDJ / Lexicon all up to date
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance !

Thanks for reporting this, I’m looking into this right now. It appears to happen to larger libraries.

Can you upload your Lexicon database & logs? From the Help menu. That gives me more information to go on.

Thanks for the quick reply Christiaan, I have uploaded the logs as requested, hopefully they help.

Thank you. I think I know the problem, there will be a Lexicon update in the next few days. Please try again with the update and let me know if it’s resolved.

Thanks Christiaan! I will watch for it !

Hi Christiaan,
Updated this morning and tried again, scan still fails however timeout has increased to 120000ms from 10000ms
I have already uploaded logs etc.

For a different user with a big library, this fix did work. The timeout was too low for the amount of tracks. Now it’s quite big so I’m surprised it doesn’t work for you, even with so many tracks.

Can you try this version? I made a small change that might work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbKYWicCxLgWavszYctbONCQnKsqSCFE/view?usp=share_link