Edit metadata from Smart Fixes or other dedupe/search tools in Lexicon

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Please explain your feature request. Add an image/screenshot if it makes sense to clarify things.
When doing mass edits and Lexicon populates a smaller list of tracks for processing, sometimes an incorrect correction or name is being used for a particular track, remix, or remixer. It would be great to be able to edit the metadata prior to hitting the confirm to make the changes.

Ex. for remixer smart fix - Track: Tiesto - Traffic (JB Radio Mix): Extracted remixer becomes JB Radio, instead of “JB”

Similarly, in other areas of lexicon, allowing for making some edits before committing the change would be helpful to manually fix an issue, instead of having to search for the track(s) and performing the change there.

How will this feature help you and others?

Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added. This would greatly help streamline workflow and allow for manual correction for tracks that may have been incorrectly processed/tagged.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution. No, this is unique to how Lexicon operates.

Does a workaround currently exist?

Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.

The current workflow requires you to find the exact tracks and make the changes via the track database.

I do like this idea but I am wondering how many users would use it like that. I understand that it’s very cumbersome to find those tracks again and correct them though.
Smart Fixes are intended to be quick and automatic. I’m afraid that if I add manual editing here, more requests will come for other editing methods.

Is the problem primarily things like Radio Remix ? There is a whole list of remix words it ignores like Short Edit or Extended Version etc. I could add Radio Remix and other words, as long as they are universally accepted as not being part of a track title.

I think it could be a pretty significant part. Just as you said, I love lexicon as it is the one tool that is finally helping me get organized. It has a very great selection of search tools available, but sometimes the automation is too fixed, which makes it painful to now go find this one or more songs that the software did not get quite right, or that the tracks just had some really odd formatting to begin with. But the point being, Lexicon help me find that one (or more) track(s) that was out of place and if I am taking the time to fix that, I shouldn’t have to find the song again manually just to execute another change on that field I was trying to smart fix in the first place.

Record pool tracks are notorious for having a slew of bad metadata. My subscription to DMS has tracks with all kinds of bad stuff: promo emails, hashtag, pool website, etc. Other pools generally are similar.

It also seems counter intuitive that the same track browsing window, where you could normally click or double click a field to edit, you couldn’t do this on the final step to get it perfect.

I’m not really asking to show all metadata and allow that to be edited via smart fix (although, I could see how someone else might ask for this), I’m just talking about the final output stage before you commit any changes. This would be the far right preview column. I am assuming once you hit accept, it pulls from this same data to commit the change yes?

Another alternative is to revamp the “incoming” function. I think I mentioned this before, it is hard to set a track back to incoming status for further processing. It would be great as a right click menu option, but right now it is buried in the edit menu, then you have to flip it to another mode at the bottom to see the option to set as incoming.

Why incoming?

It’s really just another kind of playlist to allow you to tag a song for further editing. If you have Lexicon managing your music folders, it also will move the track to the correct folder upon applying the changes. In the Smart Fix workflow above, a track would be listed as a result, I see that it needs more editing, so I tick the box, “move/add to incoming list”, then i commit my changes and will find all my problem tracks in a separate list. Is it as nice as the previous method? No… but at least in this one, it is more likely that this would appeal to the greater masses because of the multiple ways this feature could be used for.

I’ll think about it. I like your incoming idea too. Just wondering if it really makes sense.

But my main takeaway from this is that we can improve the existing smart fixes with more data. They are “smart” for a reason, they’ve seen a lot of bad data and know how to fix it. So if you give me a list of things you are seeing, then I can update the smart fixes.
You mentioned emails, hashtags, websites (should be fixable already). Give me a list of all that and I can either update existing smart fixes with that data or create new smart fixes.

I know the appeal of smart fixes is to automate a lot of stuff, but is it too difficult to create a workflow that does something like:

Search for ______ → What do you want to do with results? → Confirm output selection/make changes/update only selected fields/ID3 tags → Review output results → Commit/save

This would make smart fixes a super robust tool. Then the current smartfixes could also be saved as an automated task, or users can create their own smartfixes to share with the community. This would likely help offload some of the work to the community. It also has the potential to be less destructive.

That pretty much describes Recipes though and that is a place we can consider being able to save input so you can easily re-use them without typing it all again

I’ve been happy with the remixer extract, I rarely see a need for it other than more meta data, but I usually just highlight all and click confirm, I haven’t noticed any particular misinterpretations to the remixer, I might be missing the point as for me it gets the job done, the "add remix parentheses that’s another story lol