Engine DJ database not found

Hi, new user. Subscribed to move my Engine database to Rekordbox. Watched the Tutorial and tried to first import the Engine DJ db. Gives me a “No Engine DJ database found” error and no option to point Lexicon to my Engine database (which is at the standard folder at music\engine library\database 2\m.db).

With no way to import my (only libarary, the Lexicon will be pretty useless because if I need to re-do my cues etc I could just do it in Rekordbox directly.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

Normally Lexicon should be able to find your Engine database, Music/Engine Library/Database2/m.db is the standard location

Can you upload your Lexicon database & logs? From the Help menu. I’ll take a look what is going on.

Hi Christiaan, thx for looking into this, logs are uploaded.

Okay, I’m pretty sure I know the problem… It is the ä in your Windows username.

I might have a fix for it, but haven’t been able to test it properly yet. I can try to make the fix and send you a test Lexicon, but it will be on Tuesday, when I have time for it.

1 Like

thanks. Could changing the username help as well?

Yeah for sure but I’m not 100% sure if it will cause your tracks in Engine to go missing, or in other programs. But you can always change the username back if it doesn’t work

changed to “ae” from “ä” but still don’t see the Engine DB after reboot. Looking forward to the patch.

Can you upload your Lexicon database & logs again?

I’ll try and get you a patched version today or tomorrow

uploaded the new logs. I won’t respond for a bit after this (vacation). But please do provde the patch

Hi Christiaan, any update / solution for this?

Sorry I haven’t had time for this yet. It’s pretty hard to test because I need to create virtual machines with fake windows users to try it. It is still on my list though.

Sorry for the long delay! Can you try this version? https://update.rekord.cloud/releases/lexicon/1.6.8-1/lexicon-1.6.8-1.x64.msix

If you need more subscription time, let me know and I’ll extend it

thanks for the update, sadly it didn’t change anything. I will not extend my subscription. All the best, Markus

Okay no worries, it’s a weird problem but hopefully I can fix it in the future :+1: