Engine DJ full library import completes with errors - how to solve?

Hi,

I’m hoping someone will be able to help me with this problem. When doing a complete update of my my Engine DJ library to Lexicon completes with an error message to say that some tracks were not imported, however when I view the playlist they appear to be there - any ideas on what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it, any thoughts greatfully received

Contents of error report (Excuse the dodgy naming on some of the playlists!! :slight_smile: )

Generated on 2024-01-15 11:21
Library Import (Enginedj) Report
Warning: 39 track(s) were not added to playlist “Christmas Playlist”
Warning: 16 track(s) were not added to playlist “Birthday Party 50th”
Warning: 9 track(s) were not added to playlist “Classic Commercial House”
Warning: 4 track(s) were not added to playlist “New Year’s Eve Countdown Playlist”
Warning: 30 track(s) were not added to playlist “Main Playlist”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “Rock Classics - Spotify”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “My Rock Playlist”
Warning: 36 track(s) were not added to playlist “Tune Ideas Bucket”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “Duplicate Tracks 2023-12-19 - Strict Match”
Warning: 2 track(s) were not added to playlist “Pop 2000 - 2010 Bangers”

Software versions = Engine DJ = 3.3 and Lexicon = 1.5.10

Hi,

Can you upload your Lexicon database & logs? From the Help menu. I’ll be able to tell you more after I take a look at them.

Do you have an Engine USB connected or external drive? Maybe you can try importing from it directly. On the Import screen, you can select an import source.

I can’t see that there is any USB’s connected to either my laptop via Finder or in Engine DJ. I had an external drive mounted via my NAS (but did not show as a drive in Engine DJ), disconnected that and tried again but received the same error message.

Is there a way of identifying the tracks in each playlist that are failing so I can investigate that way? Engine isn’t showing me any missing tracks but maybe I could try removing those tracks and adding them again to see if that resolves the issue?

As a test I downloaded the Lexicon Beta version 1.5.120 and did a full library sync from Engine DJ to Lexicon beta as I had been doing - this did not show any errors on completion.

Is this a true message and the sync has completed successfully on the beta version or could it be giving a false positive?

There have been changes there in the beta so could be that this is solved there. Check a few playlists to see if they look correct

I’ve checked a few playlists and the ‘static’ ones look to be a perfect match but the ‘smart list’ based ones appear to be missing a handful of tracks. It’s difficult to work out which tracks are missing though as some of the smart lists have >1000’s of tracks included. Any thoughts on how I can do the comparison to identify the tracks that are missing in Lexicon?

Smartlists are just a set of rules so no tracks are imported on them. If there are tracks missing in a smartlist it can be 2 things:

1. the tracks don’t exist in Lexicon at all
  2. there is a difference in how the rules are treated in Lexicon and Engine

Could be #2 but some more investigation would be needed. As far as I know the rules are treated the same, but there might be nuances that I don’t know of.

What does your smartlist look like in Engine and the same smartlist in Lexicon? Can you make a screenshot of both?

And if you can find a track that is missing in the Lexicon version of that smartlist, that would be super helpful

I found a playlist that was impacted but had a smaller number of tracks in it and I think I have found the problem. I have some files where the same song is showing with two different location names - although the are the same just one is all lower case and the other is as it is named as per the screenshot attached.

Guess Lexicon is seeing it as a duplicate and not importing it to the playlist so I just need to trawl through my Engine library and remove the tracks with the lower case directory listing and that should resolve it? Will give it a go this evening and let you know if that has fixed it.

Yeah Lexicon doesn’t allow tracks like that twice since they are actually the same track.

You don’t need to remove them manually, Lexicon should have already fixed that automatically on import. So if you sync back to Engine, the problem should be gone

I found what was causing the issue with the lower case directory duplication, it appears to be related to a filename with 2 or more subsequent full stops in the filename. Fixed those now and it looks to be OK in the Beta version with the playlist track totals matching up. Tried the import in the release version and still get the same error report but I have compared the playlist Lexicon Vs Engine and the track counts are the same - could it be the report is still showing an old error message?

Generated on 2024-01-16 16:25
Library Import (Enginedj) Report
Warning: 39 track(s) were not added to playlist “Christmas Playlist”
Warning: 16 track(s) were not added to playlist “Birthday Party 50th”
Warning: 9 track(s) were not added to playlist “Classic Commercial House”
Warning: 4 track(s) were not added to playlist “New Year’s Eve Countdown Playlist”
Warning: 30 track(s) were not added to playlist “Main Playlist”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “Rock Classics - Spotify”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “My Rock Playlist”
Warning: 36 track(s) were not added to playlist “Tune Ideas Bucket”
Warning: 5 track(s) were not added to playlist “Playlist”
Warning: 1 track(s) were not added to playlist “Duplicate Tracks 2023-12-19 - Strict Match”
Warning: 2 track(s) were not added to playlist “Pop 2000 - 2010 Bangers”

Don’t think so, the timestamp there should be correct.

Just use the beta version for now if that solves it, it is quite a lot ahead in terms of fixes and new things