Error Message - Unable To Play: Permission Denied

Hi I keep getting this error message for every track I try to play: “Unable to play: Permission Denied” I just paid for the Basic Membership yesterday, which means I should be on a trial Pro membership for the first 30 days. So there should be no problem merely playing a track out of my library…what am I doing wrong?

This is most likely a virus scanner or other security software blocking Lexicon.
It could also be that the permissions on your music are not correct but check a virus scanner first.

Same issue here - can’t play any music. Antivirus is off.

Check this page for common problems troubleshooting, try those first

@Christiaan I’ve reset my computer, uninstalled AV to test and even reinstalled lexicon.

Same issue - haven’t been able to use this software since purchasing it

Are you on mac or windows? All I can do now is try to get a bit more info out of your Lexicon, see if we can find the problem

Windows 10 x64

Can you try this build? Lexicon Installer 1.4.0 permission.exe - Google Drive

After the error, please upload the logs, from the Help menu at the top.

Btw I can add subscription time to your account while we figure this out, no problem

Thanks Christiaan, unfortunately the issue is the same after reinstalling lexicon with the above installer.

I just tried to run Lexicon as Administrator - same dealio

Okay, got some useful info out of the logs. Please try this version: Lexicon Installer 1.4.0 permission 2.exe - Google Drive

This fix will be in the next update too, so you can run this one until the update is out.

1 Like