Export playlists to Tidal

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

I would like to be able to export playlists to Tidal.

How will this feature help you and others?
All EngineOS players support Tidal integration. And I believe Tidal is also compatible with Recordbox so it makes sense to export your playlists to Tidal. It can serve as a extra backup for that moment when the USB-drive fails.
Or just to be able to create playlist for other occasions.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
There is already a “export to Spotify” functionality within Lexicon.

Does a workaround currently exist?
Export the playlist to Spotify and use the paid version of “FreeYourMusic” to transfer the playlist from Spotify to Tidal. (Subscription to FYM and Spotify required)

1 Like

Tidal doesn’t have an official API so doing anything there is quite tricky and sometimes impossible. So I don’t really want to try that unless they make a public API that I can use.

+1 for the idea :bulb:

But too bad Tidal doesn’t have an API.

I’m using Virtual DJ and I can create new Tidal playlists from within the sofware (but manually…) > it would be great to do it with Lexicon in the future when an API is available.

Hello Christiaan, how about Deezer!? Do they have an API? I would love to see an “export to Deezer” functionality in Lexicon. Any chances that this might happen anytime soon? Thanks. Ben

Deezer seems to have an API nowadays, pretty new I think. But it looks like something is possible there. I will consider that in the future :+1:

1 Like

Maybe instead of “Export to Spotify” could be “Convert to Spotify” like Soundiiz does?

Thanks

What do you mean by that?

In Soundiiz, you have the option to import from different sources to Spotify. I thought it was done through APIs, but if they don’t have any available, I don’t know how they do it. I have attached a couple of screenshots for reference.

Well reading a playlist from Tidal is possible (the Track Matcher in Lexicon does that too), but I don’t know if it is possible to create a playlist on Tidal with their API. Their API is undocumented…

1 Like

Yeah, they probably have a partnership. I hope someday they open the API like Spotify has.

Thanks