"Find currently loaded track" only works when in the same playlist

Please fill in this bug report template:

Lexicon version: latest
Operating system (remove one): mac

Bug description:

The “Find currently loaded track” does not operate unless pressing the key when already at the playlist that contains the currently loaded track

Step by step to reproduce:

1. Set hotkey for “Find currently loaded track”
  2. Play a track in a playlist
  3. Go to a different playlist
  4. Trigger hotkey
  5. Nothing happens

Expected behavior:

When pressing 4, switch playlists to the playlist that started playing the current track and select the current track.

Workaround:
Pressing the play button in the left sidebar brings me back to the current track in the current playlist.

Screenshot:

Correct, it only works if you are either in the track browser that has all tracks or in a playlist with that track.

I’m not sure it should change page or playlist, that might be confusing

Changing page / playlist would be my preferred option (could be configurable to prevent confusion)

My workflow can consist of:

1. Start listening to a track
  2. Click around in some playlists, checking if this track would fit the vibe on some playlist
  3. Want to add the currently playing track to that playlist, but I can’t quickly get back to the currently playing track with a hotkey

Clicking the play button on the left panel does this exact functionality already. Would be great to be able to hook it up to a hotcue

I think maybe a better solution would be that you will be able to drag the playing track right into a playlist. So maybe drag somewhere near the music controls, I’ll think about that.
That way you never need to find the playing track, just drag from the same place each time.

A workaround meanwhile is to use the hotkey Sidebar: All Tracks before using the currently playing hotkey.

Yes being able to drag the current track is an ideal solution (and/or a hotkey to “add currently playing track to current playlist”).

Thanks for the workaround, that works well

To make your workflow a bit faster, you can favorite playlists. Then once favorited, you can set up a hotkey to add the selected tracks to that playlist. You won’t need to use the mouse anymore then

Sadly my library is quite large and I have around 500 playlists.

I am absolutely loving the filter playlists search to mitigate library size - that is a huge upgrade from my previous workflow!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.