Find tags feature: search genre tag from Spotify database

Hi @Christiaan I hope you’re doing well since the last time we chat :slight_smile:

I just saw this change in the one of the lastest update about “find genre” feature > that’s seems fantastic!

Question: if I leave only Spotify as source, will I get all Spotify’s subgenres now? (cf. my previous feedback). And will I be able to save/copy them to my custom tags? (even if it implies some manual work or tricks)

Thank you and congrats for all your amazing continuous work.

Yep, you should get only Spotify genres then. They are the genres for the corresponding artist, because Spotify does not have genre on track level.

Beatport also gets genres and is probably a better source, but only if your music is EDM.

You can import them to tags from the Genre Cleanup page.

1 Like

Hi, I just got my Lexicon subscription running again and I’m testing the feature but it seems that Lexicon will only write 1 genre to the genre tag when selecting only Spotify as source?
I thought it would get all the artist genres (cf. your answer) > is there a way to get all genres from Spotify?

Thank you

Spotify genre is based on the track’s artist and LXC takes the first genre of the first (primary) artist.

I think Spotify adds a bit too many genres so using all of them would be too chaotic, that’s why it only takes the first (that’s in a whitelist, a lot of nonsense genres are ignored).