Generate cue points: unselecting “overwrite existing cue points” doesn’t work

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Generate cue points feels like it has huge potential , but certainly how I’ve tried with it, it doesn’t seem to be quite there. The example I can give, is for tracks which have been analysed and Cued elsewhere (eg Mixed In Key), or manually in Traktor / RB etc, Lexicon could offer superb functionality to add to the cue points, rather than replace all of them.

I find MIK gridding to be superior in terms of drop / breakdown detection (sorry just seems that way!) and as I analyse everything through there anyway, those cues are useful to me. However, I don’t know any other software which has the level of cue point automation of Lexicon. I would love to be able to automatically add an end loop, say 32 beats from the end, for 16 beats. That’s an automation that works really reliably, without needing any major analysis of drops, etc, but it’s something I can’t seem to be able to add on to my existing cue points, unless I’m missing something?

How will this feature help you and others?

Automation of tasks such as auto-loop near the end. I’m sure there are multiple scenarios where adding some extra cues like a loop would be an advantage, rather than having to replace all existing.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Not that I’m aware of, which is why it would be super cool

Does a workaround currently exist?

No. MIK overwrites with it’s own cue points, so must be done first in the workflow.

Yeah currently it will replace all the cues with the generated cues, there’s no way to add to an existing set of cues. I can add an option to allow that, but the cue template may conflict with existing cues. So there’s no guarantee that generated cues will be in the same spot as they are in the cue template. For example, if cue #4 is in use on the track and you set cue #4 in the cue template, that will conflict.

I don’t know if MIK can add labels to the cues automatically, but if it can, you could use Custom Cue Anchors to automate things. See Guide: the fastest way to set your cues