Ideal workflow for MIK cue points & Traktor grids to Rekordbox?

Yes, I was talking about RB cloud sync but that issue has been fixed, I believe. There was a new update with extra cloud sync options released yesterday.

I exported correctly from traktor (beatgrid in lexicon is OK) but when exporting to rekordbox I noticed I have to re-analyse all my files again (BPM analysis disabled, I presume). Is this correct?

For example, grid in Rekordbox of ‘Nu-Tone - Heaven Sent (Alternative Mix) - 2A - 87’ after import differs from the one in Lexicon.

You have to analyze your tracks in RB but only with Phrase enabled, otherwise it will overwrite the grids. See Rekordbox | Lexicon - DJ Library Management

As mentioned before, that’s exactly what I did.

OK, seems like starting out with an empty cloud library has done the trick. Grid is OK now after second analysis round.

BTW, what is supposed to be the workflow when new tracks are incorporated or changes to specific, already present in the collection, tracks have been made? A full sync will delete the waveform analysis again, I presume?

About cloud sync, that’s a RB thing so I can’t guarantee that fully works with Lexicon. It should mostly work but if RB starts pulling in changes from their cloud it might overwrite things. I don’t know how all that works and I don’t have plans to support that so I recommend not using cloud sync in combination with Lexicon. They are still working on cloud sync as well so it will keep changing.

Another sync won’t delete waveforms, they should be preserved. You should only need to analyze once in Rekordbox. Even if you change the beatgrid in Lexicon.

So if I would ‘sync entire collection’ from Lexicon to RB I wouldn’t have to re-analyse like the first time? What about the new tracks? So, I just did a complete resync and as expected, I need to reanalyse the entire collection in rekordbox again … I didn’t find the ‘merge’ setting anywhere, something I’ve read about in a previous RB workflow post.

I’m struggling to find a decent workflow here. I simply want to use traktor beatgrids and lexicon cue points in Rekordbox but this doesn’t appear te be that easy …

BTW, why do I have to wait an hour to post something on your forum?

You shouldn’t need to re-analyze the whole collection, that’s not what happens here. But maybe RB does that anyway, I don’t know what RB does internally. I don’t have their help or documentation which is why not everything is perfectly smooth.

Maybe @Scythe can help, he’s the expert on this workflow and does it all the time.

The hour delay is against spam, if you prefer to chat use Discord please

I started writing a doc on my workflow which you might get something out of reading (open to feedback on the article as well)

My process for a batch of new tracks looks like this right now:

• add the tracks to lexicon in a new playlist
  • sync playlist to Traktor and do grid analysis
  • sync playlist to iTunes XML and import to MIK for key analysis
  • import playlist from Traktor to get grids into LXC
  • refresh key tag to get keys into LXC
  • tag/sort tracks in LXC and add to playlists (my smartlist pick up most of these as I tag
  • sync playlists that changed to RB
  • phrase analyse any new tracks in RB
  • if I’m playing a club gig sync manager to update my USBs

I never do full library syncs/imports from LXC, only specific playlist syncs

Thx for the read! I’ll take a look at it later.

My collection seems to be messed up pretty good atm. For example, when I do a full sync from LX to RB, all my tracks are there but when I selectively sync my playlists, around 300 tracks are gone.

Also, none of my tracks have waveforms anymore and re-analysing phrase doesn’t seem to do anything. When I re-analyse in RB with grid analyhsis enabled my waveforms reappear.

BTW, how do you do your cue points?

I have seen this in Rekordbox, though not recently. Something gets corrupt in the waveform data and the only way to resolve it is either delete the track entirely from RB and re-sync from LXC OR do grid analysis in RB and then re-sync from LXC (to replace the grid data with your LXC data again)

I don’t rely too heavily on cue points, most of my DJing time is spent on stream connected to RB where I find that having 32/64 beat jumps at my fingertips is as good as having a bunch of hot cues without any setup. But if I’m prepping for a club gig with a more tightly refined playlist I’ll usually do cues in Lexicon while building the playlist and if I have a practice through that playlist I might end up adding some extra cues in RB and then import those back to LXC.

Not sure on this because I don’t ever do full syncs, only playlist syncs. But I’d try and identify some of the tracks that are missing and see if you can spot any pattern that might explain or give clues as to why they were omitted.

I have seen this in Rekordbox, though not recently. Something gets corrupt in the waveform data and the only way to resolve it is either delete the track entirely from RB and re-sync from LXC OR do grid analysis in RB and then re-sync from LXC (to replace the grid data with your LXC data again)

This doesn’t seem to work. When I reexport and reanalyse the phrase, the waveform shows up but it’s not the traktor grids that appear.

Which method did you use? the grid analysisin RB and then resync or the delete track in RB and resync? In either case as long as the sync from Lexicon came last the grid data should match whatever was in Lexicon, which should match what you imported from Traktor.

If you can give us an example of a track where that’s not the case (screenshots of the grid differences) and a copy of the file we can check for beatshift issues

I just cancelled my subscription since I tried multiple different workflows but the program doesn’t seem to be working as intended.