Import warnings (but seem to be fine?) From Engine DJ 3.1.0 to fresh Lexicon install

Please fill in this bug report template:

Lexicon version: 1.4.0
Operating system (remove one): Windows 10

Bug description: Importing my database from Engine DJ desktop 3.1.0 causes a “Library Import” warning: “Import complete but with warnings”. Contents of log file are useless to diagnose. The following is all that’s in said log file:

Generated on 2023-06-22 17:46
Library Import (Enginedj) Report
Warning: 9 track(s) were not added to playlist “Hard Techno”

Step by step to reproduce: Start with a fresh install of Lexicon 1.4. Use Engine DJ 3.1.0 Desktop. Sync your library, including playlists. Results in importation of all playlists and tracks, but I get the following useless warning with no info in the logs: “Import complete but with warnings”. This happens every time (I’ve tried deleting everything and reimporting, wiping the previous database). It’s always the same message and same 9 tracks (but it doesn’t tell me what tracks). The odd thing is I did a side-by-side comparison of the playlists in Engine DJ and Lexicon: They both contain the exact same tracks and in the exact same order, so I don’t know why it’s giving me the warning. But given that it’s a warning, it makes me not want to use the product due to concerns of corrupting my Engine DJ DB if I export it.

My Engine DJ DB is about as simple as you can get: I didn’t import it from any other source. I simply dragged all the tracks I wanted into it and made my playlists in the app. I have had this since the initial release, so I don’t know if there’s some spurious entries in the db. It seems that only m.db is used in my case as I don’t use iTunes/Rekordbox/Tidal/etc.

Screenshot:

Start of import screen from the sync panel:

Image after, just before the import confirmation button:

Resulting alert after importation every time:

Link to my m.db (and the journal): m.zip

Thanks, going to check that soon and send you an update

Sorry for the delay. Just checked your database and these 9 tracks appear to be old deleted tracks that are not in the database anymore. The playlist still refers to them so Lexicon thinks those 9 are missing. So in this case it is a harmless error and syncing back to Engine will not cause any trouble.

I’ll make sure that this warning does not appear for such old tracks anymore.

Thanks for reporting this!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.