Importing from Engine DJ I get the grid shifted compared to the original one

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

I thought MP4s were all the same, like MP3s. :thinking: :thinking:

I wish, and MP3s aren’t all the same either :sob: Hundreds of different versions out there

1 Like

I checked the MP4 tracks that were fine with the special version you sent me here, but now with the latest 1.5.9 they still have the grid shifted exactly like with the 1.5.6 standard version.

Here is the same track that I included in the post a few weeks ago, now the grid is still out of place and also CUE 1 was eliminated, probably because it was at the beginning of the track, but being off the grid it was therefore eliminated by Lexicon:

In my collection I have 802 MP4 tracks: I haven’t checked them all because it would be a big waste of time, but I opened at least 50 randomly and ALL of them were with the grid shifted. :thinking: :thinking: :scream:

They did work for me with that fix, the files you sent me.

Can you try copying a few so Lexicon and Engine see them as completely new files, and see if they shift?

Or could I completely delete the Lexicon DB and import everything from EDJ as new?

Yeah if you don’t mind doing that, would be helpful too

Which version of Lexicon did you use? 1.5.10?

I imported more than 50 new tracks today, they were all MP4 files. I analyzed them and fixed the grid with EDJ. Then I imported everything into Lexicon (1.5.10) and…all the grids out of place! :scream:

Some example.

I’ll test them again

@Christiaan How can I completely delete the Lexicon DB? Where is it on the computer? So I make a new export from EDJ using Lexicon version 1.5.6 (Special for MP4).

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear, but I know I can choose to overwrite the Lexicon data when importing from EDJ, but this is what I’ve always done:

But by doing this way am I sure that all old data is deleted? So will my MP4 files be imported all over again? Or is there a more brutal method to ensure total deletion of Lexicon data?

Yes that will delete all tracks and playlists including any beatshift data, so that is effectively a fresh start

Ok, I used the official method (the one I wrote in the post above), I imported all the tracks from EDJ with Lexicon 1.5.6 (Special edition for MP4) and now the MP4 tracks are perfectly aligned with those of EDJ!! !! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

My question is: why wasn’t this old 1.5.6 Special version included in the recent 1.5.10 version? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Now the problem remains that if some tracks have a HotCUE set at the very beginning of the track it will not be imported by Lexicon. Look at this example:

Can you upload the Engine db again? For that hot cue thing

Ok. Sent it.

This this beta version please, should maybe/hopefully fix both issues now

Yes, CUE 1 has now been imported, but:

• He’s not in the right position. It is moved a little further forward.
  • There are other red-colored CUEs that did not exist in the original EDJ information.

The ALL other tracks (MP3 & MP4) are also with CUEs added:

Thanks, I’ll fix that tomorrow

1 Like

@Christiaan This MP4/M4A track thing is driving me crazy! I wrote to you that with the special version 1.5.6, I had obtained correct import of MP4 files, but now I realized that some files still have the grid shifted from the correct one which was set to EDJ:

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Yeah that’s what I mean… It’s unclear why some MP4s have that and some don’t…

As for the first cue being slightly off, that is because the cue is below zero in Engine so in Lexicon it gets rounded to zero.

The grid does start below zero (that is allowed in Lexicon) which is why it is off a bit.