Issue analyzing tracks (Edit: Transitory error?)

EDIT: This issue resolved after a bit of time, so it could be a fluke. Just a heads up.

Lexicon version: 0.33
Operating system: Mac

Bug description
First time happening, I was analyzing some tracks, imported directly into Lexicon, a bunch of the tracks analyzed, and I got this popup:

Tried a few more times, then tried Help → Reset

Started again, tried again, same popup

I would try again with any anti-virus software stopped/paused, I have this issue with Bitdefender currently, I have to disable the Advanced Threat tool while using Lexicon. I have tried whitelisting the app but Bitdefender ignores the whitelist for some reason, so may work ok on other anti-virus software

It will get better when Lexicon is released to the masses and has gained a good reputation

1 Like

Interestingly, this issue stopped without any need to make changes. I don’t have any AV software on the PC in question.

Might have been a corrupted download. It checks if the download is correct and if not it would error with a generic error like this. The fix is always to retry anyway so error details don’t really matter here.

Happened again, thought I should report. Happened during a bulk analyze files

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try and find this bug

Hit it again… Bulk analyze (~5700 files). Usually happens pretty quickly. It appears that the processing is still ongoing, so it appears to be less of a priority to figure this out.

There’s also something else… not all tracks get analyzed when all are selected. it manifests as 1 incomplete analysis every random number of tracks (number of valid tracks between missed :78, 385, 171 ,…).

There’s either a race condition, or a silent failure on a thread, or something… Thought I would mention it for when you get around to checking this out.

Logs:

[2022-01-31T06:36:24.657Z] [error]: Error: value "false" with type "boolean" is not truthy: asset zip does not exist
AssertionError: value "false" with type "boolean" is not truthy: asset zip does not exist
    at Function.assert (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:29753)
    at Function.truthy (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:29904)
    at x (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:1642045)
    at async Function.loadFfmpeg (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:1643840)
    at async AudioData.load (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2442401)
    at async f (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2443680)
    at async B (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2016564)
    at async t.PromisePoolExecutor.handler (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2019054)
[2022-01-31T06:36:38.984Z] [error]: Error: value "false" with type "boolean" is not truthy: asset zip does not exist
AssertionError: value "false" with type "boolean" is not truthy: asset zip does not exist
    at Function.assert (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:29753)
    at Function.truthy (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:29904)
    at x (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:1642045)
    at async Function.loadFfmpeg (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:1643840)
    at async AudioData.load (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2442401)
    at async f (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2443680)
    at async B (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2016564)
    at async t.PromisePoolExecutor.handler (file:///Applications/Lexicon.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/.webpack/renderer/main_window/index.js:2:2019054)

Seems like it is downloading the asset file twice and when the first one is done it throws away the ZIP and that trips up the second asset loading.

I assume you’re only starting the analysis task once? Twice should not even be possible

That’s correct, this happens on a manual select of a large number of files, and run analyze

I think I got it fixed. It happened when analyzing tracks of certain filetypes (AIFF & M4A) that needed the ffmpeg library and they were loading it at the same time instead of just once.