Lexicon in other languages (collaborative with community members)

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Add new languages to Lexicon besides default English. The addition of this function would have collaborative input from community members who wish to have their native languages added to the program.

How will this feature help you and others?
It would help many who don’t understand the English language easily and it would have a much friendlier and more understanding interface.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Some yes, for example: Serato, VDJ, rekordbox (still not 100% complete). Unfortunately Engine doesn’t have it yet.

Does a workaround currently exist?
No.

I, as a native of Brazil, can collaborate with the translation of the software into Brazilian Portuguese. I believe that there must be more Brazilians here who could help. I know how complex this is and that a faithful translation of the functions is not an easy thing, but we could start somewhere.

Yeah that is a good idea and when I add translations it would be great if that is supported by the community because my translation skills end at google translate :stuck_out_tongue:

However, the main problem I have with adding translations is that users expect support in their language and I can’t provide that. Google translate goes a long way but once things starts to get technical then it’s a lot more difficult.

1 Like