My Serato library will not import into Lexicon

Hi there,

I am a new user of the Lexicon software. I am having trouble importing my Serato library to the software as I want to export it to Rekordbox. When I go to import my library it just says ‘importing tracks’ but the progress bar remains at 0% and doesn’t move.

When I try to import individual playlists instead of the full library the same thing happens. I then tried to manually import music from my Serato by dragging tracks into Lexicon and then syncing to Rekordbox and this worked however the cue points are missing.

I initially tried doing it on the demo version and thought that it perhaps wasn’t allowing me to sync because I hadn’t paid for it so I went ahead and paid for the basic version but I am still having trouble importing my Serato library to Lexicon. Any help would be appreciated.

DJ Lutz

It should work on the demo version.

Try these steps please: Troubleshooting common problems

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply. I have got the paid version of Lexicon. I tried to check all the troubleshooting options on the link that you have sent me however I have had no luck with getting my serato playlists imported into Lexicon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lutz.

Can you upload your Lexicon database & logs? From the Help menu. I’ll see if I find any reason why it is not working.

Put a link to this page in the description please, thanks!

Hi Christian,

I have uploaded the database and logs. Please note the database may be empty as I have been unable to import anything to Lexicon so there is currently no music in there.

Thanks,

Lutz.

It’s probably a permission issue or similar. Did you try a computer restart? That can fix odd things like that sometimes.

I can only see in the logs that it stops reading the Serato database, not really clear why.

Hi Christian,

I have done several restarts with no luck. With regards to permissions, does all the music in Serato need to be in the documents folder?

Thanks,

Lutz.

No, music can be anywhere. Just make sure you have given Lexicon all permissions in the System Settings → Privacy & Security.

Lexicon has been given permission to the documents folder which is the only permission I can see on there under the drop-down menu.

Okay, then I’m not really sure what is happening but maybe you can send me your entire Serato folder and I’ll try and import it here. It’s this folder: Music/_Serato_
You can zip the entire folder and upload here: http://upload.lexicondj.com

Hi Christian,

I have sent you the entire Serato folder. Its around 2.8GB.

I hope that this works.

Many thanks

Lutz.

it is stuck on 0% for a few minutes here because the Serato database is so large, so it takes a while to read entirely. After that it does import here. How long did you wait? Total import time is about 6 minutes for me, but that will be different for faster/slower computers.

Hi Christian,

It somehow has managed to work but it took around 20 minutes. I will try and import it into Rekordbox.

Hopefully there are no issues.

Thank you for all your help!

Lutz.

1 Like