Option to delete songs from within smart playlists

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Please explain your feature request. Add an image/screenshot if it makes sense to clarify things.
Add ability to delete file from within the smart playlists.

How will this feature help you and others?
Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.

Since smart playlists are the only way to use logic in sorting/filtering, It is extremely inconvenient that I cannot delete songs out of lexicon or off my computer from within the smart playlist. I have to move back to the main tracks in order to be able to delete the song which badly interrupts workflow.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution.

Don’t know

Does a workaround currently exist?
Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.

I have to move back to the track view in order to be able to get the delete menu option.

Well you can’t delete from a smartlist of course, it would delete from the entire library. I think that would be a bit scary/confusing for users.

What you can do is right click a smartlist and duplicate it as playlist, then you can CTRL+DEL it to show the popup that lets you delete from the library.

Got it. That is a better workflow than what I was having to do!

I wonder if it would be beneficial to make a hidden menu item that only shows up when shift or control is pressed and held? That way we can still avoid having to take the extra steps of creating a static playlist and it would be less scary.

Just a thought, but thank you for letting me know about the CTRL+DEL from normal playlists as well. Somehow I missed that I think.

1 Like