RB6 import - "Memory cues before hot cues" option

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

When importing from Rekordbox 6, have a second “both” option for cues which imports both, but puts memory cues before hot cues in Lexicon.

How will this feature help you and others?

My cue setup and workflow would benefit from this when going to Engine DJ. In Rekordbox i keep actual cues as memory cues and my hot cues are loops. This imports in to Lexicon correctly, but not to Engine DJ. The loop hot cues end up writing as empty cues to Engine, while the loops do get imported correctly. If the memory cues were before the hot cues, the export to Engine would work correctly, with the memory cues being hot cues in Engine while the loops correctly end up in loops. I’ve tested this with the manual work around below and it works.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
N/A

Does a workaround currently exist?

Yes, I can manually move the cue points in to the “memory cue first” order in Lexicon and the export to Engine works as expected, but this is time consuming.

I don’t really want to add an option for this specific workflow, it would clutter the UI, but I am open to creating a recipe that helps you here.

Maybe I can update the Sort cues recipe with an option to sort in a specific way? Like normal cues before loops? Would that work?

Yes, that would help my particular workflow at least. If I could just sort the cues and drag all the loops to the back.

Okay, I’ll update the Sort Cues recipe with that option

Just to close the loop on this: The update worked and does exactly what I need. Makes my workflow a lot easier when I need to play on Denon gear.

1 Like