Reinstalled Windows - Missing tracks

Hi Christiaan,

I reinstalled Windows last night, something I needed to do for a long time.

I created a backup on my DJ Mac first and have just restored that backup on the newly configured Windows prep machine.

As I was expecting, all the tracks are missing. Is there a way for me to say this is where all my music is or do I need to download them all from the cloud, in which case some would be missing as I haven’t sent all music to the cloud that need grid work still.

You may remember that my music lives on a dedicated local Dropbox drive. If I do need to download from the cloud, are these tracks going to need to be resynced?

Might be easiest to just select them all, right click → Relocate and point to your new music folder.

The best way (but a bit harder) is to use Find Lost Tracks, because you can just change the start of the track paths (eg change C:/ to D:/).

See Find Lost Tracks / Relocate

Awesome, thank you.
I tested Relocate first and then just managed to change the track paths of all tracks with Find Lost Tracks. Now to change the remote path on the Mac.
Thanks Christiaan!

Quick edit: If I change the remote path on my DJ Mac and something doesn’t go right, can I simply restore the cloud backup?

Which remote path are you referring to?

Remote path on the Mac.

My main prep computer is the Windows PC which I have just reinstalled Windows on. I’ve got everything working between Lexicon and Serato and now I need to change the remote path on my DJ Mac to match.
All music is in Dropbox but because one is a PC and the other a Mac, the paths are different and now that I have reinstalled Windows and I have changed the paths in Lexicon using Find Lost Files, I now need to make the Mac see that.

When I am on the Mac in Lexicon and click Edit Path Mappings, I am unable to select anything but my old paths on the remote side. Do I need to send a cloud backup first from the main Windows PC and then bring that down onto Lexicon on the mac to be able to choose that path?

Yeah, I would fix the paths on your main computer, then send that backup to the other computer and change the path mappings there so they are correct again

Great, thanks Christiaan.

1 Like