Remove Common Text From ARTIST as well as Title

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Please explain your feature request. Add an image/screenshot if it makes sense to clarify things.
Remove Common Text From ARTIST not just Title. Camelot Key in particular.
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 11.54.26

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 11.51.02

How will this feature help you and others?
Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.
Users of Mixed in Key will also need to have this function to remove the Camelot Key written onto the ARTIST name as well as the Title

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution.
Not in any other software that I know of but it could easily be added to Lexicon. I don’t want to have to use other software for something Lexicon does so well already.

Does a workaround currently exist?
Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.
Editing each Individual track data is time consuming and laborious. I could delete all the Artist data then extract Artist from title but not all the tracks have artist name in the title and it will be incomplete.

Thanks

You can do that with the Split Field recipe

1 Like

Sweet, thanks.
Would be a nice addition to the remove common text option though :wink:

Yeah I somewhat agree, just wondering how common this is… Since it’s something MIK does, I suppose it does make sense to have the option. I’ll have to check what other variations they do and make a few new options for that

1 Like

I used Mixed In Key when it first came out in 2006, long before any DJ Software (Traktor in particular) had the ability to analyse for key. I scanned thousands of tracks and had MIK rename them all. The time has come to brush that all away. Please do it, make an old man happy. :slight_smile: haha.

1 Like

I 1st try to use apps like Mp3Tag to make my archive to my likings before importing it to music libraries in music software.

Ok sometimes doubles occur because of mispelling or such…

That’s where the cleanup tools come in handy.

I’d say, try to run new music through mp3tag 1st, then import to lexicon or other dj app.