Replacing streaming tracks by bought mp3: what tools/workflow?

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
I’d like to have an option in Lexicon to copy tags from 1 streaming file to 1 local file, or to “replace” a streaming track by a local track when you bought it.

How will this feature help you and others?
Isn’t it a common workflow among DJs:

• you discover tracks through streaming platforms
  • you test it through your DJ app (i’m using VDJ and DjayPro), perhaps you make some basic tagging or even cue points
  • you decide to buy some them and then you want to “replace” the streaming tracks with the mp3 you bought in your Lexicon/DJapp library
  • wouldn’t that be amazing to have a simple feature that automates this a little bit?

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
if yes i’m not aware

Does a workaround currently exist?
for now I just add the mp3 I bought into my playlist and I copy the tags manually, then I remove the streaming tracks from the playlist > here’s a video of this process: replacing streaming tracks with bought mp3 (manual process).mp4 - pCloud

Is there a current workaround in Lexicon to do that?
I’ve tried “find duplicates” (utility menu) but it’s way too broad and most all it doesn’t seem to include streaming tracks.

Thanks for your help!

This is already one of the next things on my list I wanted to create :slight_smile:

Coming soon in the beta version of Lexicon. Keep an eye on the #beta channel on Discord.

2 Likes

Haha amazing!

I’ll keep an eye on the beta channel then :wink:

Tks