Search not finding tracks

Lexicon version: 1.4.0
Operating system (remove one): Windows

Bug description: When searching from a section heading (not using ctrl+f) if you type words out of order or missing part of the title it doesn’t show the tracks.

Step by step to reproduce: Looking for the song “Raise Your Glass” by Pink.

Search “Raise Glass” (Without quotes) and nothing comes up.

Screenshot:

That’s normal, it does not search each word separately but it searches for the entire thing

I understand that’s how it works. Maybe we can submit a request to change that behavior?

There are times where I don’t remember the full song title, or only remember parts of it and it would be useful to be able to search it as such. I know I can ctrl+f and search that way, but the searching behavior is inconsistent between searching from the heading vs ctrl+f.

1 Like

You can use a smartlist for more specific behavior.

But I don’t really want to change how the quick filters work now

Chris makes a great point here.

Perhaps you could consider using operators like “+” or “*” to concatenate your search terms?

In Virtual DJ, you can search for anything, which is extremely helpful in finding tracks, especially when you have a collection of 45,000 tracks with imperfect tags.

By the way, Lexicon has been a fantastic solution for improving the tagging.

It would be a fantastic addition. Thank you!

+1 over here. no one can remember the exact titles and versions. smart list is too clumsy (clutter) and time consuming

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.