Select track when using Next track shortcut

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
When using keyboard shortcuts/streamdeck shortcuts to skip tracks, the default behavior is to not “select” the current track. This causes issues when i go to open the tag editor with “T” or just blindly start hitting shortcuts on my streamdeck.

Ideally this would be an option, for those who want it to select the now playing track or not.

This could also be solved by allowing the streamdeck plugin to support multi actions.

How will this feature help you and others?
It will prevent changing tags/data on the wrong track when sorting through a playlist.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
N/A

Does a workaround currently exist?
Streamdeck has a “select playing track” option, this works, but its one extra button press, and I’m lazy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it!

Also I think playing tracks on the Incoming page already does this actually. The incoming page is meant as a track todo list. So if you do your work there, I think you’re already set.

Hurm, I’ve been using the incoming page and haven’t see it work that way. Is there a setting I’m maybe missing?

No, I’ll check it tomorrow and see what’s going on

Also if you get that fixed, that is really the only spot that I need it to work that way, so no need to add anything.

Right I checked and realized how it works again:
When you have one track selected and you press the “Selected done” button, it will play the next track and select that automatically. You can set up a hotkey for that button.

1 Like

Yeah, although if you use a keyboard shortcut for previous or next track, the selected track stays where it is, no longer on the playing track, so makes adding tags / colours etc difficult. Have to resort to the mouse the select the next track, even though it’s already playing.

But if you just use the Selected Done hotkey, then it will go to the next track automatically, so you don’t need to use a mouse. Only for going to the previous track and tag it, I suppose. But that’s only when you make a mistake.