Select which information is used for the "Find tags and Album art" scraper

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
From my understanding, the “Find tags and Album art” scraper sources its information from multiple sources. These sources don’t always include the same information, so being able to see what was scraped, and chose what to use will prevent the software for using the wrong information.

How will this feature help you and others?
Being able to chose what information is passed into the ID3 tags of the files makes sure the correct info is used.

Just a few examples:

• A song may be used on multiple different albums, so you can make sure the correct album and artwork is used
  • It might be a digital re-release or remaster so you can chose the correct year.
  • Because of region limitations, the same sone can sometimes be released on multiple different labels, so you can select what label is entered
  • Beatport and Discord may list a different genre for the same song…

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Not that I’m aware of.

Does a workaround currently exist?
Not really. If the scraper picks up the wrong information then you just need to manual change it.

I think this is a bit of a balancing act between control and ease of use. I could add controls to allow you to select which field to take from which source and even a confirmation screen where you check and confirm the results.

But I find all that too complex and I think, for most users, it’s better to have it very easy where they can just start the search and wait.

Results come from Beatport first so Genre should be decent, if it was found there. Then it will take the Spotify genre which is more generic.

So I think right now the tool is in a good spot with the results it gives.

The reason I’m suggesting this is I have just bought this pack from Beatport - https://www.beatport.com/release/nu-energy-records-digital-re-masters-release-1-10/3281240

They were in .wav format so no artwork or tags. Just a file name.

When running the scrapper, everything scraped incorrectly.
It was finding the original releases, so wrong year, wrong artwork, even wrong genre in some cases.

Potentially it could have been the way Beatport names the files before downloading (never been a fan of that t.b.h) and that could have throwen off the scraper.

There are other tracks in my collection where the wrong genre being pulled as well…
In what world is “A Tribe Called Quest - Can I kick it” a trap song?
Maybe it picked up a remix for some reason? No way to tell though as I can’t see the decisions its making.

Right now, from my use of this scraper on roughly 300 songs, I have had to make corrections to at least 1 tag on the majority of scrapes, making it just too unreliable to trust to “start the search and wait”

Even if I could see what it was going to apply before it make the changes would be better as then I can say “Nope, not right, leave it blank” instead of having to go back on fix what its applied.

If you see incorrect matches, can you make a list of them? Maybe it needs more tweaking for better results