Serato export to USB

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Serato allows to export part of the library to a USB Stick, which can then be plugged into another PC running Serato, which immediately loads the crates on the stick.

How will this feature help you and others?
This is helpful for back to back setups from one laptop. I would think that this is a low hanging fruit, since it’s basically just writing the same DB to another drive, much like the engine export does.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Both Serato and Engine (obviously) allow this. Lexicon allows it with engine as well.

Does a workaround currently exist?
Export to local Serato DB, then use Serato to move crates to stick.
I’d like to add that this is very low priority for me personally, since I use Denon mostly these days, but I had a situation in which this would have been comfortable.

1 Like

This would also need to copy tracks to the USB right? Same as the Engine sync does

I agree that this is very doable just not sure it’s something that users really need right now

Maybe I’ll put this under the “magic usb” umbrella feature that I want to make at some point. Multiple DJ databases on one USB with music files only once.

2 Likes

Has this feature been added?

Nope, just a wild idea for now

This would be an amazing feature to have and it is much more needed for users than you would think. Having portable DJ session setups on USB sticks are CRUCIAL for professional gigs actually.

1 Like

The magic USB idea is really cool but very complex. Just a Serato USB can always be made from Serato though, just drag a crate onto the USB.

1 Like

you would think, right? And while it IS possible to do the drag and drop it is EXTREMELY slow and takes forever and often times stalls Serato (if it is more than 50 tracks) and what’s rather unfortunate is that it doesnt take over the folder structure, so one has to copy crate by crate by crate and then re-structure the playlists in the Finder….

If I already have a Rekordbox export on the USB and then export from Serato, the tracks would be duplicated on the USB. A feature like Magic USB would be very useful to me

1 Like