Serato Smart Crates not importing rules

Please fill in this bug report template:

Lexicon version: 1.1.24
Operating system: Mac

Bug description:
When I import my crates from Serato my smartcrates do not import the rules. All music is saved on external drive. I think smartcrates save in local serato folder.

Step by step to reproduce:
Create smart crates using rules. Have music in the smart crates on external drive. Import serato database.

Screenshot:
If this is about a DJ app, please also add screenshots of the problem in that DJ app.

Hi! I’m not aware of any bug like this.
Can you zip and upload your main Music/_Serato_ folder? That one has your smart crates.

You can upload with this link.

I’ll give it a test here.

I think I got it. My serato database file was corrupt from when I switch to my new external hard drive. I do have another question. Do you plan to allow Duplicate finder to look at mp4 video file? My whole music library is all videos about 31000. I focus mainly on video DJing.

Thanks
Jesse

Not at the moment because video is a whole big different thing. For example, Lexicon would need to be able to play videos and not just audio. So for now, I’ve decided Lexicon focuses 100% on audio only.

Can you maybe base the MP4 duplicate finder base only on ID tags for now. They use the same sytle of meta tags as audio files. If you where willing to try this. I have no problem being a tester for you.

Jesse

I’ve chosen to remove video MP4’s completely from the duplicate track scanner for now, because they may be the different since the video itself is not checked at all. Audio only MP4’s are used in the duplicate scan.
The same problem exists if only the tags are checked, that might result in too many or the wrong files getting deleted.

Understand please keep me posted if this ever changes I do really enjoy your software and thats the only thing that is missing for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.