Show album art in the music player

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
The track music player, shows the wave form, it would nice to also see the album art in a larger format, next to the wave form.

How will this feature help you and others?
It helps when browsing through tracks to visually recognise the track by its album art.

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
In Itunes, Rekordbox, Traktor.

Does a workaround currently exist?
There is no real preview of the album art in Lexicon.
The only option is to enable the album art as a column in the track view, but then you only see part of the album art.

I’ve wanted this for a long time but mostly I’ve been struggling with the design for it. Cover art is square and for it to have any meaning it needs to be of a reasonable size. I haven’t really found a good place for it yet in the music player.

Happy to take suggestions here!

On the cover art topic,

I would make it a toggle, so that people who don’t care about it, can hide and gain the screen space for more.

Traktor shows it next the artist info.
Looking at the current player, perhaps it would have a place on the right of the screen?
See screenshot

The problem with that spot is that it also has the track queue. Right click a few tracks and click Add to queue and you’ll see it. Then it becomes too busy…

And what if you would put it next to the BPM / Time?

Before:

After (with Artwork):
Example:

With the option to click on it to show a larger version in a overlay window?

Good idea but I don’t like that from a design perspective :stuck_out_tongue: It’s tricky and I have to like it too haha.
But I’ll think about it. I want to add basic album art add/delete controls so might be a good time to consider this too.