Smart Playlists inherits rules from parent smart playlist/folder

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
One way that I organize my library by genre and subgenre. Within a genre, a subgenre would be a folder with different playlists that have in common the subgenre but differ on other parameters (mood, atmosphere, elements, etc…)

Would it be possible for smart playlists to inherit from a parent smart list or a parent folder a rule or a set of rules? This way, I can duplicate the folder structures without manually changing one element in each. It would look something like this.

How will this feature help you and others?
For people with evolving libraries who try to experiment with new folder structures and new way to quickly access their music. We would just have to create a folder structure with a set of rules and put them within a folder or a smart list to modularly change them

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Not that I know of.

Does a workaround currently exist?
No workaround except manually configuring every subplaylist.

1 Like

Within a smartlist you can create a rule for Playlist/Smartlist -> In Smartlist which will resolve the rules of the selected smartlist as a single rule for your new smartlist allowing you to create the parent/child smartlist relationships you’re looking for

This means that I’ll still have to manually edit the smartlists to add the new rule, right?
Was thinking more in the lines of a drag and drop kinda mechanism, where I duplicate a group of playlists and drag drop them within another playlist/folder for them to get the new set of rules.