Support AirPlay2 from Lexicon

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Ability to select AirPlay speakers from Lexicon natively

How will this feature help you and others?
I don’t have a sound card connected to the computer I use to process tracks (this is weird, I know), and am currently using AirFoil 5 to project Lexicon’s output to Sonos 5s. It would be simpler if I could choose other wireless speakers natively through Lexicon (to reduce lag).

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Most native audio playback products to. To my knowledge DJ software that supports mixing does not (because of the latency), but I view Lexicon as more of a library management tool.

Does a workaround currently exist?
Third party apps can make this possible, but it introducts a ~1 second pause which makes adding beat markers bad.

I’m not sure this is possible with Electron. I haven’t researched it but choosing an audio output is pretty limited. I’ll have to experiment.

Is the AirPlay a normal output device on your computer?

AIrPlay isn’t the normal output device on my computer… and I agree, it’s probably not likely that an Elektron app will have access to the APIs needed to access AirPlay controls on MacOS, but I thought I’d ask :slight_smile:

Well I do agree that you should be able to choose an output device, which isn’t currently possible. But if AirPlay isn’t a normal output device then that will probably be difficult.

The latency for airplay 2 is not going to be something that can be fixed…

You really need a sound device that is low latency. Even if a sound device selection mechanism was added to Lexicon, it will still be out of sync with airplay.

If you select the airplay device as a default sound device, it effectively does the same thing you are asking.