The ability to use our own cloud storage solution

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Please explain your feature request. Add an image/screenshot if it makes sense to clarify things.

• I would love to have the possibility to use my own Google Drive or One Drive storage that I have to back up my files instead of paying double the subscription for unlimited cloud storage.

How will this feature help you and others?
Please explain how this helps you and other users. Keep in mind that feature requests that are too specific may not be added.

• This will reduce costs for the users that already have cloud storage that they can use for the music files. Instead of paying $17, the cost raises to $39 mostly for the cloud storage :slight_smile: .
  • This will also provide control of your music files and will avoid discussion regarding “who owns my files”

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
Please let us know if this feature already exists in any other software. This is helpful to understand the problem and perhaps come to an even better solution.

• Rekordbox offers this feature for example (but only limited to Dropbox)

Does a workaround currently exist?
Please explain how you currently deal with the problem.

• It cannot be called a real workaround but you need to backup your music files manually into various clouds, and this will not be linked with Lexicon :slight_smile: .

You can use your own cloud solution, just make sure your music files are included in the upload of that system.

What Lexicon offers is an integrated solution where you don’t need to think about it with unlimited storage (again, something you don’t need to think/worry about) which is why it comes at a premium.

What do you mean by that? :slight_smile:

There is a way that I can upload music from Lexicon to a third-party cloud storage?

Thanks.

Not from inside Lexicon, no. But if your music is in Dropbox, then that would totally work.

Ok, and there is any guide I can use for that?

Thank you for your support. Much appreciated

No sorry but it’s simple really. Just put your music in your Dropbox folder. Just keep in mind that your DJ app doesn’t know you did that so you will need to relocate them.

Oh, then should work with “virtual drives” too. Thanks