Track Count? Compare libraries & show delta?

Hi All,

New Lexicon user here.

I just imported my Engine library into Lexicon, and track count appears to be approx. double the number of tracks that are shown in either Engine or Apple Music.

In Engine, I did link my Apple Music library, so I’m guessing that Lexicon is counting counting total (sum) of both libraries as if they were separate.

Is there any way to show only the delta? My goal is to have track count be the same in all three (Lexicon, Apple Music & Engine).

Also, I have Lexicon installed on both my MacBook & Mac mini and would like recommendation on best way to keep Lexicon database in sync. Currently I put the main.db in my Dropbox folder & created a symbolic link to where Lexicon usually stores it. Not sure if that the best solution.

Do you have an idea what doubles they are? I suspect they have a different path, maybe one goes to the iTunes (Apple Music) folder because iTunes copies new tracks by default.

You can also import directly from iTunes but that won’t import your cues, since they are in Engine. But I don’t think you’ll have the doubles then. If so, then they would also be in your iTunes.

And to use Lexicon on multiple computers, take a look at this blog: Guide: Moving Lexicon to another computer | Lexicon - DJ Library Management
Specifically the last “bonus” chapter about Local Path Mappings.

Like I stated initially, it’s as if Lexicon is viewing both Engine and Apple Music libraries as unique, and thus summing both libraries together.

My Apple Music library list 91,812 tracks, Engine shows 91,925, and Lexicon has 183,847 … which is 110 tracks more than the sum of my Apple Music & Engine libraries.

I know this is NOT the case for two reason. 1) I specifically set Apple Music NOT to organize my library, which usually causes that behavior, and 2) My music is all on a single 1TB external drive, of which 777GB is used, but the OS drive of my Mac mini is only 256GB. Way to small for my music library.

The article you referenced does not represent my situation. I’m not looking to move my library. In stead I want to be able to access, use, and edit from two different computer but work off a single DB. I have a desktop I use at home, and my laptop. I like to be able to work on my library from either system. Not at same time, but both use the same DB

The last paragraph is exactly for your situation. Using the same database on multiple computers with the same music → Local Path Mappings are your friend

I assume you only imported once right? From Engine? If you also imported from iTunes then this could happen.

I don’t know of any other reason why those tracks can be doubled unless an import was run multiple times from different sources (with Merge enabled). But I can take a look in your Engine database and see if I find anything strange. If you zip and upload all your Engine Library folders (one in your Music folder and one on each external drive). You can omit any Music folder that might be in there.
You can upload with this link

Since I’m still new to Lexicon, I’ve decided to delete everything (tracks & playlist) from my Lexicon library and start fresh. Prior to doing so, I made sure to set iTunes integration in Engine to off. Since I’m guessing that is probably the root cause.

I’m now doing a fresh import of my Engine library into Lexicon. Approx 92K tracks.

Not sure how long it should take (I’m running everything on my M1 Mac mini).

It’s fairly quick (2 -3 minutes) to reach 50%, and then it sits at 50%. I leave it running & check back later.
Same thing happened last time, and I ended up with 183K tracks. BTW - Not sure if it matters, but I store my Apple Music DB (library) on same USB drive that holds my music. I started doing that since VirtuallDJ also stores its DB on same drive as music

That shouldn’t matter, only the import of your choice is imported one at a time.

Engine has multiple Engine Library folders that are all read by Lexicon, if it goes to 50% quickly and then stops/slows then maybe it started reading a different library folder. Shouldn’t take super long normally, although some users have reported slow speeds in rare situations. Best to let it keep going.