Track loading time

Hi there! I really struggle with the loading time when I drag a track to the player in Lexicon. I’ve analysed the library but still it takes up to 3 seconds until the song is playing. Is that normal? If so, are there any plans to improve that? If not, how can I speed up the loading time? It slows down the process of going through tracks tremendously.

1 Like

Yes that’s normal. Loading is done in memory so it fully loads the entire track before it starts playing it. If the track has no beatgrid yet, then it will add about a second to analyze the track.

I have ideas to improve it but it’s a tricky situation because it would change the decoder which could lead to cues/grids being very slightly shifted and I absolutely want to avoid that. So for now I’ve chosen to keep the longer load time.

This a very important thing to me.
When i m preparing a playlist i need to hear songs just for some second just to feel the idea of progression of the flow in a playlist. Maybe adding a song prewiev as in Engine should make it easier.

A track preview might be an interesting middle ground here. Since even if cues are very slightly offset (we’re talking 50ms at most sometimes) you wouldn’t notice in the preview. And a track preview is a feature I want to add anyway so maybe this solves both problems.

1 Like

The only reason i continue using Engine too is that preparing a playlist is much faster on that crap of software, with a quick track preview i would quit engine forever!!!

1 Like

YES! A track preview like in Rekordbox should solve this issue. It is important for me to be able to skip through the waveform when preparing sets and sorting playlists. Any timeframe when this will be available?

1 Like

I can’t give a timeframe, it’s a complex feature request because of performance reasons but I will look into it in the near future.

1 Like