Waveform and Beatgrid question

Hello,
I am new to Lexicon.
I have imported my Deneon library. I sometimes see waveforms in the PREVIEW column, but mostly not. The waveform + beatgrid seem to be correct, so far.
I have exported to Prime4 bit there ist seems that neither waveform not beatgrids are exported. Prime4 reanalyses the track, what often gives wriong beatgrid.

Please commetn.

Martin

Waveforms in Lexicon need to be generated, they do that automatically when you play a track. Or you can do it in bulk by right clicking your tracks → Analyze → Waveforms.

Waveforms on your Prime (or in Engine desktop) are different waveforms. Only Engine can generate those. So syncing to your Prime won’t add waveforms. The Prime device will generate them automatically when loading a track. But to do that in advance, you do need to go through Engine desktop and let it generate waveforms.

Hi Christiaan,

thank you for your quick answer!

Waveforms in Lexicon need to be generated

I assume you mean that a track analysis needs to be done when a track is added to Lexicon. But in my case, I imported my whole Engine OS library into Lexicon. The tracks all have properly set beatgrids, it took me some time to get it all right in Engine.

I of course want this work not to be lost when I import my Engine OS library to Lexicon. It is even more important to have it right when I export from Lexicon to performance hardware (prime 4 in my case).

Best,

Martin

Beatgrids is not the same as waveforms. Waveforms is just visual and need to be generated by Lexicon and each DJ app.
Beatgrids are just numbers and are imported/synced to DJ apps and Prime devices.

Sorry for the confusion.

Beatgrids are just numbers and are imported/synced to DJ apps and Prime devices.

Not here. I have imported the library from Denon DJ into Lexicon. I looked at some songs and the beatgrid seems to be ok. When I export from Lexicon to my Prime 4, no beatgrids are exported. When I load a file into the player, Prime analyses it.

Beatgrids are absolutely important to me. As it is now I cannot use Lexicon.

They should be there. How do you see they are missing?

They should be there

This is very good news. For me, Lexicon is a phantastic product and the money well spent.

But I need these beatgrids….

How do you see they are missing?

I see that the Beatgrid Markers are different. They are 2 beats off for at least 2 tracks I inspected. The BG is correct in Lexicon on my computer, but not OK on the Prime.

BUT…… I was able to shed some light into this. It seems that my Denon DJ database is a complete mess. I had to import with hidden playlists turned on to see them all, but then I got very much debris, old stuff, deleted stuff etc. I then deleted everything in Lexicon and started over again. I imported manually only the playlists I want. I now have my library in Lexicon again without the clutter.

I tried to export some of the files with wrong BG again and -… guess what … BGs are correct now. Maybe the problem was with (old and uncorrected) duplicates somewhere.

It is good to see that the BGs seem to be there. I will look at some dynamic BGs today (Aretha Franklin – Respect being the most famous with various BPMs). Hope that works, too!

I have some more uncertainties etc. May I directly address these to you?

I definitely plan to make a Lexington video series on my new youtube channel. This seems to be necessary because Denon Software leaves much to be desired and some things even do not work at all. Lexington fills these gaps beautifully.

Best,

Martin

Good job :slight_smile:

Yeah you can always ask questions here or on Discord if you prefer chat!