Workflow Rekordbox to Traktor: Hotcues not synced?

Hey. So I just got it today trying to move my playlists and hotcues from Rekordbox to Traktor. Though I ran into 2 problems/questions arised:

1. Not all hotcues were synced: Not all tracks migrated from Lexicon to Traktor came with their corresponding hotcues.
  2. After reading the description of the “beatgrid lock”-setting 100 times I still don’t get it. When do I need to choose which setting (Default, Lock, Unlock)?

Workflow so far:

1. Analyzed whole library in Traktor (kind of an extra step, because Lexicon failed to export cover arts to Traktor when I tried to sync first)
  2. Imported Rekordbox playlists to Lexicon
  3. Synced Playlists to Traktor

So I basically just want to mirror the playlists and their structure and the tracks’ hotcues from rekordbox to Traktor. Beatgrids/bpm shall be analyzed by Traktor itself (as it seems superior).
What’s the recommended workflow? And how do I then remigrate playlists/tracks I edited in Traktor correctly to Lexicon, so that new cuepoints and edited beatgrids etc. are updated in Lexicon’s database?

Thanks for any help!

1. Did the cues appear correct in Lexicon? If so, they should export to Traktor
  2. Default enables lock if you analyze in Lexicon (so Traktor doesn’t overwrite) or it enables lock if you already had lock enabled in Traktor (if you imported tracks from there). Lock just locks all (so Traktor can’t overwrite if you haven’t analyzed yet) and Unlock unlocks them all (so Traktor will overwrite beatgrid). Generally, keep it on Default unless you notice you don’t like having all your tracks locked.

Workflow seems good. Here is a useful guide for getting Traktor grids into Lexicon: How to import only beatgrids from a DJ app?

That’s also how you get cues from Traktor back into Lexicon.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!

1. Yes, cues appear in Lexicon just perfectly. Tried syncing to Traktor with a specific playlist several times, but cues were never exported. There are playlists/tracks that worked just fine though. Didn’t check every in detail of course, but there are definetely tracks that seem to have all their cues exported correctly to Traktor, while others don’t have any (e.g. that specific playlist)

2. Thanks for some more clarification on that!

Just checked out that guide. Seems very helpful

Can you share screenshots of the tracks with missing cues? In both Lexicon and Traktor