Wrong song plays - DB wrong Song Issue

Please fill in this bug report template:

Lexicon version: …
Operating system: Windows / Mac (remove one)
OSX 12.3.1 (21E258)

Bug description:
Songs I have chosen recently on occasion (3 times so far) have not been the song it describes in Lexicon

Step by step to reproduce:
I have made a screen video to demonstrate.

I have submitted the database etc using the lexicon help and upload feature in the app

Screenshot:
If this is about a DJ app, please also add screenshots of the problem in that DJ app.

Screen video demonstrating database issue

Hi!

I can’t really see the problem in your video, can you clarify a bit more?

I’m seeing the same track play in the music player as in the track browser.

There is no audio on that video so if the audio is wrong we can’t hear that.

Have you had a look at the edit page and checked the true filename at the top left to see if it matches the Tags? In most scenarios this is a tagging issue, but it could be many things. How do the same tracks show in your DJ Software?

I will check in the DJ software for you I actually had to change teh name so I could find it and as with tags, I hadn’t physically started tagging anything at the point I noticed some tracks didn’t play the correct track. I will tray and re do with audio, annoying it did not capture the audio

Sorry without Audio it i tricky, didn’t check to see if it was recording audio.
Basically random track plays which isn’t the one Lexicon thinks it is.

New Screen video with audio

Can you right click the last track and choose Edit, then check at the top what track that points to? I think you’ll see that it doesn’t point to any “dreamer” track but something else.

1 Like

It does point to a dreamer track, not the correct one that was listed. Now theses something that has been changed in lexicon some how during the import.
As did all my BPM and Keys that were detected vanished.

It may well be my user error, if so. Be good to know how and why as I just went thorough the help and followed.

I ended up using Serato to analyse all my library music as Lexicon kept crashing mid point. is there a max song capacity that it can process? I have the same issue when finding track information using its use>find Tags & album artwork it just freezes at 0% ir 1%

Could be something to do with the size of my library or app can’t handle such a big chunk of info…

The Key analysis is pretty heavy at the moment so it may have been that. I still have to improve the efficiency there.

I really don’t know why it’s playing a wrong track but I do suspect user error because I’ve never seen this before and I can think of no reason why it would do that.

I’ve also heard about Find Tags & Album art freezing from multiple users but have not been able to find the cause yet. I’ll keep looking into that.

Size of the library should not be an issue, Lexicon is built around huge libraries. But you can try starting the process with less tracks, maybe a playlist of 1000 instead of the entire library.

The Key analysis is pretty heavy at the moment so it may have been that. I still have to improve the efficiency there.

Yeah possibly, the problem I have is when I take teh tracks back into Serato from Lexicon, serato doesn’t detect any beat grids or BPM either. I will check if this repeats when i sync again later when I get back.

I really don’t know why it’s playing a wrong track but I do suspect user error because I’ve never seen this before and I can think of no reason why it would do that.

Its strange as I literally have done nothing other than click the tools and gone through, I can’t understand how it would happen either. I had it with 3 random tracks, the one I sent was the 3rd… I will keep monitoring.

I’ve also heard about Find Tags & Album art freezing from multiple users but have not been able to find the cause yet. I’ll keep looking into that.

Size of the library should not be an issue, Lexicon is built around huge libraries. But you can try starting the process with less tracks, maybe a playlist of 1000 instead of the entire library.

It doesn’t hang if I do up to 500 or so, anything over seemed to cause an issue, I did un check original Date option which helped more to be processed in one hit!

1 Like

Thanks for the details, that gives me a bit more to go on

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.