Please fill in this bug report template:
Lexicon version: 1.3.9.
**Operating system **: Windows & Mac
I recently reordered and deleted some playlists, and I encountered the dreaded bug where after the sync, the folders which contained a deleted playlist all are empty, and the top playlist in the same folder contains all tracks inside that folder. I have fiddled around with it and came up with some new information that might be helpful and which leads me to believe that it may be a lexicon bug after all.
Here is the symptoms:
- Deleted playlists are gone as expected
- Folders which contained deleted playlists do appear to be empty when looking at their tracks
- The playlists in the folder are in the wrong order compared to lexicon. New playlists specifically are at the very bottom. This also happens as an isolated problem after export for me regularly
- The top playlist of the folder contains all tracks that the folder contains (i.e. the sum off all tracks of all playlists in that folder)
Here is what I learned:
- Contrary to previous times I encountered the bug, deleting my engine library completely (on the stick and on all hard drives) and then syncing again from lexicon did NOT solve the problem.
- Specifically, before syncing, the engine library in engine desktop was completely empty.
- I tried a trick I saw on this forum, creating a “Master” playlist at the very top of the folder and syncing again, with the aim to contain the wrongly added files inside that playlist. This did nothing.
- However, I opened engine Desktop and realized the playlists inside the folder where in the wrong order. All newly added playlists where at the bottom of the folder, a problem I encountered multiple times previously. The Master playlist especially was at the very bottom and empty.
- In Engine Desktop, I reordered the playlists inside the folder and deleted the empty Master crate
- On eject, the stick behaved correctly. The top folders loaded there files, and even the top playlist, which contained all the files in the folder previously, only contained the files it should. I did not perform any manual operations on this playlist.
This leads me to think there is a problem in lexicon, otherwise the problem should not have occurred on an empty engine library. Apparently, the problem can be fixed by reordering the playlists manually.
Step by step to reproduce:
I don’t know when exactly the bug rears it’s ugly head. But I have have two engine library versions, one with the bug occurring, and one after fixing it manually which I can submit.
Edit: This is the original thread Engine Parent Crates Empty After Export From Lexicon - #12 by djductape